Switch [HELP] Suddenly having long load times entering town (Switch local co-op)

Kareth

Cowpoke
Got my wife her own Switch so we could play multiplayer games together without having to rearrange the living room every time we played. We have been playing SDV together in local co-op, and she has been absolutely loving it. However we just started having an issue. We just finished up the missing bundle and got the movie theater opened up, and suddenly every time I enter town, either by entering from a neighboring screen or leaving a building, it is now taking 6-12 seconds to load town, which eats up 10-20 minutes of a day for every in town screen transition.

She is hosting, and we have not had any real issues up to this point. This only seems to affect me, when she enters town the loading screen pops up for a second or less and she is good to go, meanwhile I lost 2 hours of ingame time to this issue. Completing the community center didn't give us any issues, but since this happened the day after completing the missing bundle we have held off on doing anything else that might make changes to town (trash cleanup, Pam's house) in case that made things worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or might there be a way to fix this issue without us having to start a new farm as my wife would really like to avoid that until 1.5 hits the Switch because she likes what we've got going on with our current run.

FeelsBradManTV

Newcomer
We are experiencing this as well. Insane load times on our local multiplayer farm. We also have horrendous lag whenever more than one person decides to go to the fire levels in the mine. We are running our farm off of a newer Switch and one of our players is on an older Switch and two others are on Switch Lites.Liars.

EDIT: Our mining lag always happens but these load times seem to coincide with the movie theater as the OP stated. We didn't notice the load issues as much prior to that.

Last edited: