Android [HELP] Savegame copy from Android to Pc and back to Android dosn't function...

Filusi

Greenhorn
Hy,

first, sorry for my English. I'am German and my English is not the best.

I played the game for a week on my Android Handy.
Than i readed that you can play the same Savegame on PC and Android. You have only to copy the certain file in the right files.

Than yesterday i bought the Game on PC (Steam), copy the Save if my Handy on PC and i played good an hour on PC. Everything was fine.

Today i copy the file back on the Android Handy (the older Save File [Name_123456789] there on the Android Handy i deleeted before).

Now I can't load the Save on Handy because of a incorrect version number of the Game (1.5.4).

I have looked for the Gameversion of the Android Handy and there it stand only 1.4.5.151.

Gives there no update for the Android Version?

Is my Android Save now gone?
If i must decide, i want more play in the Android Handy because of the mobile Device. But the older Save there i deleted to be able to copy the PC Save on this place...

Last edited:

liquidcat

Staff member
Unfortunately I think that might be the case. Mobile is generally the last platform to get latest updates and 1.5 update is planned for mobile but we still don't have a release date. I don't think there is any way to restore it back to previous version unless you had any backup saves so your save might be stuck with pc version for now.

nicodeux

Farmer
Now I can't load the Save on Handy because of a incorrect Verdion Number of the Game (1.5.4).

I have looked for the Gameversion of the Android Handy and the it stand only 1.4.5.151.

Gives there no update for the Android Version?
Hi,

As you guessed, your issue comes from the difference of version between the PC and the mobile (Android in your case) version of the game. PC and console run version 1.5 while mobiles are still on version 1.4.

When you moved your android saves to your PC, you've upgraded them to version 1.5. Because the save file format was updated in 1.5 to describe all the new content added in patch 1.5, it can not be loaded back by a game running version 1.4.

This is unfortunate (and I have the same issue) but we can only hope that version 1.5 is released soon for mobiles. In the meantime, I have stopped moving my saves accross my devices and focus on specific ones depending on which device I am playing.

Filusi

Greenhorn
Oh... :(

Thx. for the explaining. :thumbsup:

Maybee i can find a program, which can find the deleted files on my handy.

Filusi

Greenhorn
Thx. but on Android you don't have something like a trash bin or other.

I have had testet now 2 recovery programs, but nobody helped me...

So I will wait for the Android 1.5 patch.

dubesor

Farmhand
Yea this is the case for every piece of software, be it save files (from any game) or any project or file from other software that has updates. You can generally always load old>new but never new>old, because the new has parameters for things that do not exist yet in the old version. You'd have to manually comb through the save and remove all strings that are related to 1.5 and that is not only extremely timeconsuming but also prone to errors and would probably just damage or corrupt the save file. You'd have to wait until mobile is updated. Best advice is to always keep backups, that's generally a good idea on everything important.

Filusi

Greenhorn
Yes thats a good idea.

But i readed, that is function without problems. Only the post in the internet i readed was before the dezember last year...

Ok my Problem is smal in cases of all players respectively not many players will often change between PC and Handy.

But a warning message before the upgrade of the Save would be a good thing.
I was ignorant and so i deleted the saves in good faith that it will function.

Ok now cried enough. Yesterday in evening (with wife and children's i can play on PC only to specific times) i have had a lot of fun.
:)

Now i will wait. :)