iOS [HELP] Restoring deleted iOS files

Boo1972

Farmer
My son deleted Stardew Valley on my phone after he got frustrated with the game. It had my original farmers and my daughter’s play through. Is there anyway to restore the old files? He didn’t just delete it from the screen, he deleted it from the App Library.

On a related note, anyone wanna adopt a 7 year old?:evil: jk

nicodeux

Farmer
My son deleted Stardew Valley on my phone after he got frustrated with the game. It had my original farmers and my daughter’s play through. Is there anyway to restore the old files? He didn’t just delete it from the screen, he deleted it from the App Library.

On a related note, anyone wanna adopt a 7 year old?:evil: jk
I feel your pain... :sweat:
By any chance, do you backup your phone on iTunes or iCloud?

Boo1972

Farmer
I feel your pain... :sweat:
By any chance, do you backup your phone on iTunes or iCloud?
Ahem, you mean that notice I keep getting that my phone hasn’t been backed up in weeks because I’m out of storage? But, there might some older files saved to the cloud.

nicodeux

Farmer
Ahem, you mean that notice I keep getting that my phone hasn’t been backed up in weeks because I’m out of storage? But, there might some older files saved to the cloud.
Unfortunately, this is a reminder of how much backups are underestimated.

If your child deleted the app (and its associated data), you have three options:
- restoring the app and a previous version of the game saves from one of your backups
- resinstalling the app from the App Store and copying the save files from one of the backups to the freshly reinstalled app
- use a recovering tool (usually with a fee or must be bought) to recover the deleted save files (or parts of it) and possibly the app

Whatever you choose, I think it would be a very good idea to do a regular backup of your data, especially the ones that are dear to you.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Might be a long shot, but have you checked if deleting the app immediately deleted the save files as well?

Here's how to locate them: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
(Which is also useful for locating the files in the cloud I suppose)
OK I did this because I'm a glutton for punishment. And I'm curious. These things are linked genes in my DNA.

1) I checked in Files and saw my Stardew Valley folder in there with my one save that I use about every 9 months.
2) I deleted Stardew Valley from my iPhone. It notified me that if I was saving to iCloud that those saves would still be there, but everything on my phone would go away.
2) I checked the Files again and the Stardew Valley folder disappeared before my eyes. And it can't be searched for.

I don't save an iCloud save (too dum to figure that out), so Bob is gone. Which is fine as I couldn't remember the Farm type much less the actual save as I just don't play games on my phone.

I really really really hope you have a reasonably recent save in iCloud!!

Oh, and I'm full up on kids, maybe someone else has space for a, um... proactive 7 year old?