PC [HELP] Problems with multiplayer

WhiteCrowRus

Newcomer
Good day
Since I've got updated to 1.5 there's no more option "Enter invite code" neither I can send my invite code to friend, there's just no invite code for me
Screenshots are attached
Reinstalling the game, steam net framework and etc. doesn't help

Attachments

mistalina13

Greenhorn
Same issue as well: the invite code options don't appear at all.

Steps I've taken to attempt a fix, with no luck -

- Attempted multiplayer on existing and fresh saves.
- Restarting computer, router and modem
- Ran without mods
- Reinstalled Steam
- Reinstalled Stardew
- Reinstalled .NET Framework
- Reinstalled XNA Framework
- Firewall exceptions for Stardew, SMAPI and Steam
- Port forwarding on the router w/ port listed on the multiplayer troubleshooting page

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
If you can confirm you're online, changing your Steam nickname to something else (make sure it's specific and has no profanity) and then trying multiplayer again fixes the issue for most people. After you can connect, you can change your name back to what it was without issue

mistalina13

Greenhorn
I had changed it earlier but it was to something similar to what I had (I just took numbers off). Changing it to something completely different, opening Stardew, closing it and then changing it back to what it was originally seems to have sorted it somehow? It's odd because I've had the same Steam nickname since I registered years ago and have never changed it.

Glad it seems to be sorted. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it somehow misbehaves again.

Thanks so much. :smile:

WhiteCrowRus

Newcomer
If you can confirm you're online, changing your Steam nickname to something else (make sure it's specific and has no profanity) and then trying multiplayer again fixes the issue for most people. After you can connect, you can change your name back to what it was without issue
It didn't helped, changed my nickname 2 times, but multiplayer is still available only for lan... no invite code for me, or chance to connect via invite code