PC [HELP] No Invite Code Option in Multiplayer

paprika

Newcomer
Hi, I just bought Stardew Valley on Steam today, Dec 25, 2020. I bought it on PC because I wanted to play with a friend but I don't have the "invite code" option on my game.

I've seen a few threads about this before and I've tried doing their suggestions: turning off my firewall, verifying the integrity of game files on Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. None of it is working for me.

Here's what I see on my screen:

JOIN GAME:
join stardew valley game.JPG

HOST GAME:
host game.JPG

I hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
I see this exact same thing. If I start from steam with no launch options (no mods), or if I start without steam by going straight to the Stardew Valley.exe... I get this issue as shown above.

However, I have a workaround if you are willing and able to download SMAPI. (I get mine from NexusMods, which does require membership but it is free.)
If you run with SMAPI installed properly (including changing the launch options in Steam - just follow the directions, it's no problem) then multiplayer will work and you can get invite codes properly once more. Somehow SMAPI fixes it.

*edit to add* I am using SMAPI 3.8.0 on Stardew 1.5.1. You do not need to have any other mods downloaded if you don't want to, just SMAPI will do it if all you want is to get invite codes working again.

*edit update* I'm sorry, I was incorrect. Running with SMAPI still has the same issue. You need to have Steam running in order to get the invite code options to pop up, regardless of whether you are running through SMAPI or not. (at least as of SMAPI 3.8.0)

Last edited: