Switch [HELP] nintendo switch copy save files

pygamegirl

Greenhorn
Hi

I have a nintendo switch and a SD card inserted.
Does anybody know if I can copy the stardew valley save files to my SD card and how to do it?
It's for making a backup

thank you

What you will need to do is in the data mangement menu move the data for stardew valley onto the sd card
Then you would go around normall businnies
srry for spelling i can not fix cause my computer is decding to be mean and not work

Hill Myna

Farmer
Following the steps @Pikachu_bob3 provided will let you move the file onto your SD card, correct, but I don't think that will let you create a backup.

I'm fairly certain it will just transfer all your SDV files.

But the ability to make a backup would be greatly appreciated on my end! If I was playing on a computer (not Switch), I'd be making a backup every day!

pygamegirl

Greenhorn
You didn't read my question very well.
The copy option on the switch just copies the game itself to the sd card.
I'm looking for a way to copy my SAVE files...

pygamegirl

Greenhorn
Somewhere on nintendo website they say you can't copy save files from gamesto SD card.
Only backup is possible to the cloud using a nintendo online subscription.

So maybe it's not possible?

Hill Myna

Farmer
You didn't read my question very well.
The copy option on the switch just copies the game itself to the sd card.
I'm looking for a way to copy my SAVE files...
Somewhere on nintendo website they say you can't copy save files from gamesto SD card.
Only backup is possible to the cloud using a nintendo online subscription.

So maybe it's not possible?
Yeah, I don't think there is an option for this, unfortunately.

I didn't know about the cloud, that's neat! I haven't got a Nintendo Online subscription, so I guess that's not an option either.

I'm curious though, how would you make a backup from this point onwards (if the feature of game file transferring did exist)?