Solved HELP: New Qi Quests won't appear, And Only The Same Ones Appear.

Hi. So I having a really bad problem.
So I was trying to find the Danger in the deep quest, but something stupid is
that only Qi's Prismatic Grange, and Qi's Hungry Challenge appears.
Great. Only those 2 quests appear, and I have my wasted my whole year of Stardew Valley,
Just because of that 2 bois.
HELP PLS

Monji

Newcomer
I am experiencing something similar. For the past 4 weeks, I have only been offered the same two quests (Qi's Kindness and Extended Family).

Okay. So I have getting different ones other than that, but it doesn't give me the Danger In The Deep, and Skull Cavern Invasion . HELP

Odin

Staff member
It's just luck which ones you get, but I believe completing the ones you get will help you get different ones next.

Shortbolts

Newcomer
It's kind of annoying that it's RNG based to get something MAJOR for end-game. It's even more annoying when you spend 3 SEASONS getting (and completing) the same 2 quests over and over. I keep getting Qi's Cuisine and Extended Family. Completed them both multiple times, so I know it's not that I haven't completed them. One of the biggest design flaw in a game is hiding END GAME CONTENT behind RNG.

snakeinthemud

Newcomer
It's kind of annoying that it's RNG based to get something MAJOR for end-game. It's even more annoying when you spend 3 SEASONS getting (and completing) the same 2 quests over and over. I keep getting Qi's Cuisine and Extended Family. Completed them both multiple times, so I know it's not that I haven't completed them. One of the biggest design flaw in a game is hiding END GAME CONTENT behind RNG.
I made an account just to agree to this. First time player learning the game so I've taken my time, didn't start paying attention to the achievements until year 5 or so, now I'm finishing 7 and I've never seen Danger in the Deep. I really wanted to make a new game, but this process has just dragged on so long for completion I just want to finish it and never play again.

Quirinea

Farmer
Joining the choir. I have got the storyline quests, but it's not fun to get again a quest that you just did (Danger in the deep this time). The other choice was "Junimo cart" which I'm not even going to try. I'm just awful in platform games.

BlaDe

Farmer
For those interested, this has now been released. Link is the RNG manips link in my signature.

Quirinea

Farmer
Bummer! "Danger in the deep" third time in a row (after doing it twice in a row) and "Junimo cart" second time in a row...
Could at least be so, that you don't get again the task you just did.

Smartik1

Newcomer
Ive been adding a special request mode to my predictor. It does seem like there is a lot of repetition in the qi quests.

There is a little bit of manipulation you can do (can only have 1 quest that uses the dropbox going at a time), which can be played with when I get it released.

View attachment 6593
Thanks so much for this. Finally, I can get some certainty.

The upside: It works perfectly.
The downside: Have to wait 3 full seasons before Danger In The Deep will come up.

Can't believe they gated a progression critical mission behind "RNG" that for this particular mission is so rare you could wait years. Your screenshot has lots of them. I have 2 and they are 1.5 years apart (1st came up 1st week of Year 2 which is pretty much impossible as the Island barely unlocks at this point).

EDIT: Well this took a lot of effort >.> The savegame editing that I saw guides for didn't work for me. It just overwrote the quest title, but the objective was the original mission and completing it didn't count as completing Danger In The Deep so the Shrine of Challenge wasn't there. My workaround is force starting the quest through the console. Just type "debug specialorder QiChallenge9" into the SMAPI window while you are in the game and it will trigger the quest immediately.

Last edited: