Windows [HELP] My SDV is taking too long to open and taking about many minutes to open and then not responding same in SDV vanilla and smapi

Ryan Mauro

Newcomer
So recently I just updated my Stardew Valley to 1.5.6 and then I already installed all of the redist including the XNA but when I open the Stardew Valley.exe it takes too long to open but later on after 5 minutes it will open, but when I click New or Load it will just not responding until I wait to open my save game. After I click my Save in Load and again it will not responding at all meaning stuck in the loading and I can still hear the music. Btw I use smapi too and same things to smapi it is not responding and take too long to open and respond plus I'm using Stardew Valley Expanded mod and in smapi it take me about 2 hours till the game open but sometimes game is crashing too so I just wasted 2 hours of waiting. FYI my older version of my Stardew valley that I played with smapi too is version 1.5.4 hotfix and that version is working fine no problem same with the smapi for SDV 1.5.4 hotfix, I can't just play the expanded mod there because all the mod files is updated already so I hope someone can 100% fix my biggest problem at all.

Note: I'm not playing in steam it is just non steam and I downloaded it in google but I seem there is no problem with that.

BTW guys is there anyone have a complete mod files or zip files of mods of the Stardew Valley Expanded for version 1.5.4 of Stardew Valley and 3.12.6 of smapi, please can you upload here so I can play it in my 1.5.4 version of stardew valley, I can't play the expanded there because some of the mods for expanded is up to date meaning it is not compatible with older version now and in smapi. TY so much if help me I just love to play Stardew Valley and expanded

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Hi Ryan, we wanted to remind you that discussion of game piracy is against forum rules, as is people redistributing game mods unless the mod author gives permission for that. We'd recommend you start by getting the game through Steam or GOG. If you need to, you can always wait for the game to be on sale.

As for downloading old versions of mods, if you check the "files" tab on a mod's Nexus page, you can often find older versions of that mod that are available from the mod author. For example, this is the file page for SMAPI on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2400?tab=files. It's worth noting that if you encounter additional errors while using old versions, there is unfortunately not much help people may be able to provide, depending on the problem.

Hopefully you are able to resovle your issue, and if you do install the latest version of the game through Steam or GOG and are having issues with the game, please do feel welcome to ask for help!

Odin

Staff member
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you install the latest version from Steam or GOG and continue to experience issues, you can certainly post again on the forums. However, we can't help you further with your current version of the game.