Mobile [HELP] My background music is gone.

Lepidopterous

Greenhorn
II'm on android and no longer have background music. I have birds in the background even when it's raining and sound effects. I think this all happened when I was gifted a juke box. The juke box never worked it just messed up the rest of the game it seems. Is there an easy fix to this? Please help I really miss the sound of rain.

kohlrak

Farmhand
II'm on android and no longer have background music. I have birds in the background even when it's raining and sound effects. I think this all happened when I was gifted a juke box. The juke box never worked it just messed up the rest of the game it seems. Is there an easy fix to this? Please help I really miss the sound of rain.
Save? I'm on android myself. Have you double checked the sound sliders? If you upload the save, i could look more closely.

Lepidopterous

Greenhorn
Save? I'm on android myself. Have you double checked the sound sliders? If you upload the save, i could look more closely.
All the sliders are at max. All slidrrs are working except backround music.
Thank you for responding :)

All the sliders are at max. I can hear everything perfectly except the music. There seems to be something wonky with the ambient sound as well. All I'm hearing is birds always even during a thunderstorm. I won't hear rain just birds. Thanks again!

Attachments

kohlrak

Farmhand
All the sliders are at max. All slidrrs are working except backround music.

Thank you for responding :)

All the sliders are at max. I can hear everything perfectly except the music. There seems to be something wonky with the ambient sound as well. All I'm hearing is birds always even during a thunderstorm. I won't hear rain just birds. Thanks again!
I'm going to need your save then. Since i'm on android, i should be able to reproduce the issue with your save. Therefore, i'll need you to go get the save, zip it up, and upload it here. If you need further assistance in doing that, lemme know.

Lepidopterous

Greenhorn
I'm going to need your save then. Since i'm on android, i should be able to reproduce the issue with your save. Therefore, i'll need you to go get the save, zip it up, and upload it here. If you need further assistance in doing that, lemme know.
I've never done that before. Where do I find the save file? Thanks again for your help :)

Lepidopterous

Greenhorn
Okay that was easier then expected to find and make the ZIP. I can't figure out how to attach it though. The folder with the Zip does not give me an option to move the file. I looks like the only wah you can attach a document is through google docs but I don't know how to get it there.

kohlrak

Farmhand
It's crossed out and won't attach? This is what it looks like when I try to attach it?
Not sure why it's crossed out. Ws it perhaps still uploading? Until we get this fixed, click here, and lemme know as soon as you register. I'm normally up at nights and down in the day, but i had to get up early today 'cause my girlfriend needs help with her new phone and she had to get up early to go to an "appointment" to get a new cell plan and new phone, and she's switching from iOS to android because i finally convinced her, so sorry about that delay. Then i'll see for myself why the upload isn't working and file a bug report in the "site bugs" section after i see exactly what is going on. Until then, jut make a temporary registration at the link above, which will allow you to add files to my personal website while this gets fixed (the forums are rather new, so they're working out the bugs) after i accept your registration and send you the upload link.

ric

Cowpoke
Music is bundled in a separate expansion file with the apk. Try uninstalling the app and re-downloading it.

Lma574

Tiller
I'm in the same boat. All sounds work except for the music.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled on my Android phone.
Still no joy!

Until two days ago everything worked great.
And I'm at the end of year two so I've had the jukebox working fine for a long time. I don't think it's the jukebox.

But for the last two days the music hasn't worked on my Android device.
All the other sounds seem to work just no music.
All of the volume sliders are turned all the way up.

What else can I do?

The side effect of no music is the mermaid show also doesn't work!! So I stopped at day one of the night market...

Someone in one of the threads that I have read said that it might be the save file. It's definitely not the save file. When you first open the game, the title music doesn't play... You only hear the birds chirping. That has nothing to do with a save file....

Please help!

Lma574

Tiller
So I have a resolution to this.

like others, when I uninstalled and reinstalled I got the error message that it did not reinstall even though the game was there and started with no sound.

A lot of threads for the computers talk about the obb file.

And then I remembered that I upgraded my phone a couple months ago.

I plugged both phones into the computer, old and new.

The OBB directory was empty on the new phone but had a 216 MEG file on the old phone.

I copied that file from the old phone to the same obb directory on the new phone.

Voila, the game works again!!!!

I hope this helps other people in the future as well!!!

painforpoison

Newcomer
Im having same issue with no bg music playing (mobile Android version) I need a solution that doesn't involve using a PC as all I have is my tablet. I have no use for a phone so I don't have one either. That being said, can someone send me a direct link to an APK for the SDV soundtrack or to fix it or whatever. Ty xoxo BTW the issue doesn't involve sliders or any other game settings Ty

Royalj

Newcomer
So I have a resolution to this.

like others, when I uninstalled and reinstalled I got the error message that it did not reinstall even though the game was there and started with no sound.

A lot of threads for the computers talk about the obb file.

And then I remembered that I upgraded my phone a couple months ago.

I plugged both phones into the computer, old and new.

The OBB directory was empty on the new phone but had a 216 MEG file on the old phone.

I copied that file from the old phone to the same obb directory on the new phone.

Voila, the game works again!!!!

I hope this helps other people in the future as well!!!
Can you tell me what's the OBB file name?? I can't find it on my phone, and I had the same problem

smolcatto

Newcomer
Idk, if this is still relevant, but I think I solved this.
Android 10:
Settings/Apps/Manage apps/Stardew Valley/Battery saver/No restrictions

Since I turned off the battery saver, I have bg music in game.
(I think other Android versions have the similar method)