Windows [HELP] Music lagging and Freezing

lethargicdemon

Greenhorn
So i haven't been playing stardew valley for the past 5 months but yesterday when i came back with the same laptop it used to run the game smoothly it just doesn`t work anymore, the music just starts freezing middle game and the game lags and looks like im teleporting, i searched for this error and a lot of people fixed it by giving the game high priority on the task manager and unchecking cpu 0 but it doesn`t changes nothing for me, clicking left with the sword solves the problem for like five minutes then it comes back.

Try this!
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It's because of the update to 64 bt processing within the game and the way that impacts 32 bit devices and some 64 bit ones too, follow the instructions above and you will be good to go.

Error404

Greenhorn
Try this!
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.
Thank you!! I been getting the same problem! But will this work with mods as well?