Solved [HELP] Museum Donation Dialog Box Issue (Bug?)

Ardeth

Greenhorn
Hi there,

I’m fairly new to the game so I’m not sure if this is just a case of doing something wrong, in which case, help would be greatly appreciated, or whether this is truly a bug.

I’m having a problem when I try to donate to the museum. I click on Gunther and then click on Donate to the Museum. My inventory box comes up and I select the item I want to donate. As soon as I do that, the dialog box scrolls down so that the “OK” button is hidden below the bottom boundary of the screen. This makes me unable to donate.

Information about my game:
  • Platform: PC
  • Version: Patch 1.5.4.1396293314
  • In-Game Language: English
  • Single/Multi: Single Player
  • Resolution: 3440x1440

I've included a pair of screenshots that shows the dialog box before I select the item in my inventory and what happens immediately after I do.

Things I’ve tried:
  • Changing resolution from 3440x1440 to other resolutions, down to 1280x720.
  • Changing from Windowed, Windowed Borderless, to Fullscreen.
  • Changing UI Scale.
  • After doing some reading, tried lower resolutions and making sure that I’d scrolled prior to selecting the item to donate.
I’m not sure what else to try. If you have any suggestions (or if you think this is a bug rather than a user issue), I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!
Ardeth

Attachments

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi there,

I’m fairly new to the game so I’m not sure if this is just a case of doing something wrong, in which case, help would be greatly appreciated, or whether this is truly a bug.

I’m having a problem when I try to donate to the museum. I click on Gunther and then click on Donate to the Museum. My inventory box comes up and I select the item I want to donate. As soon as I do that, the dialog box scrolls down so that the “OK” button is hidden below the bottom boundary of the screen. This makes me unable to donate.

Information about my game:
  • Platform: PC
  • Version: Patch 1.5.4.1396293314
  • In-Game Language: English
  • Single/Multi: Single Player
  • Resolution: 3440x1440

I've included a pair of screenshots that shows the dialog box before I select the item in my inventory and what happens immediately after I do.

Things I’ve tried:
  • Changing resolution from 3440x1440 to other resolutions, down to 1280x720.
  • Changing from Windowed, Windowed Borderless, to Fullscreen.
  • Changing UI Scale.
  • After doing some reading, tried lower resolutions and making sure that I’d scrolled prior to selecting the item to donate.
I’m not sure what else to try. If you have any suggestions (or if you think this is a bug rather than a user issue), I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!
Ardeth
Hi,

Have you tried to turn off the setting for “use controller style menus” ? If you have it turned on of course.

1631156620775.png

Last edited:

Ardeth

Greenhorn
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! I was able to get this to work using them.

The suggestion of changing the controller-style menu, and even using a controller didn't make a difference.

Ereo, when I selected the item and tried clicking on the table, nothing was happening. It was only after I tried the zoom that I saw there's places on the table for items. Before that, I couldn't interact with the table.

imnvs, Changing the zoom is what fixed it. I zoomed in to 135% and then the places on the table showed up and I was able to place the items.

I really appreciate all your help and my museum now has the start of a nice display of items.

Ardeth