PC [HELP] Mulitplayer options missing in menu

Oldbrass

Greenhorn
First: I read the FAQ and did the things suggested. No luck. Thus, I'm creating this thread. Thanks!

So after the 1.5.1 update, I can't seem to make mullti work. I'm actually missing the Invite Code option in the menu. Turned off any firewall stuff and logged out of Steam and back in. Made sure I'm running 1.5.1.

I no longer even get the option. Just join LAN and nothing else. If I try to host, it doesn't create a code and doesn't give me anthing beyond the screenshot below. If I try to join a game, it only give me the LAN option.

I've been playing Multiplayer on the same exact machine with no worries. Family view is turned off and everything SHOULD work but to no effect. Anyone have any ideas here?

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Thanks!

Last edited:

Popsy

Tiller
You should edit the post title as iOS is not the correct platform. IOS does not support multi-player at all.

Oldbrass

Greenhorn
You should edit the post title as iOS is not the correct platform. IOS does not support multi-player at all.
That's because there is no "Mac OS" option. iOS what the closest I could find but I'll change it to PC, even though that's not accurate.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
That's because there is no "Mac OS" option. iOS what the closest I could find but I'll change it to PC, even though that's not accurate.
For our purposes "PC" refers to any device running Windows, macOS, or Linux. While people may have strong preferences between those operating systems, it's (mostly) the same version of Stardew.

Oldbrass

Greenhorn
For our purposes "PC" refers to any device running Windows, macOS, or Linux. While people may have strong preferences between those operating systems, it's (mostly) the same version of Stardew.
Fair. New to the forums so I didn't know what the preference was. I did change it.

Any ideas though? Still without multiplayer.

Oldbrass

Greenhorn
If you haven't yet, I'd recommend trying the steps on the wiki, especially changing your Steam name and relaunching.
I did follow the wiki suggestions, sadly. Still no luck. The weird thing is that multi worked fine, right up until it didn't.