Solved HELP ME

Frostyboi22

Farmhand
So I've been trying to install Stardew Valley mods for a while now. So I installed SMAPI and went through that process and everything is successful, the game runs fine, everything is good. Now I need to install mods. From what I understand, I need to find a mod folder in the local game files, however there isn't one there. Do I have to make one or what? Please Help!

mouse

Farmer
SMAPI does create a Mods folder in the game folder and installs two basic utility mods. If you use a Mac, it is a little confusing because it won't be in the folder called Stardew Valley, but rather Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS. SMAPI should also tell you where it's looking to find mods when you first start the game up - it'll be text that scrolls by in the background console window, or at the top of your log if you upload it. If you still can't find it, follow the instructions at the log page and sharing the link here will let us check :)

Frostyboi22

Farmhand
SMAPI does create a Mods folder in the game folder and installs two basic utility mods. If you use a Mac, it is a little confusing because it won't be in the folder called Stardew Valley, but rather Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS. SMAPI should also tell you where it's looking to find mods when you first start the game up - it'll be text that scrolls by in the background console window, or at the top of your log if you upload it. If you still can't find it, follow the instructions at the log page and sharing the link here will let us check :)
Thanks so much I just figured it out!