PC [HELP] Manual updates on Mac

ShootWalk

Newcomer
Dear Stardew Valley community.
I am here requesting for help on behalf of my 60 y/o mother, who has fallen in love with this game. Unfortunately, she's not very proficient in IT so she never updated her game since I bought it for her (it's still on 1.04 or something)
Her old Mac has no more updates, so she can't open GOG because of that old version, so she can't update the game.
Is there a way I could update to 1.5 manually, without using GOG?
Thank you on behalf on my mother.

Respectfully,
ShootWalk.

Ereo

Helper
Can she connect to the internet?

She doesn't need the GOG launcher, she can update from the website. Or if that computer doesn't connect to the internet anymore, you can download the installation file and transfer it with a USB stick.

But if she doesn't do regular updates, you might want to wait a couple of weeks until the bugs in the new 1.5 version are ironed out.

ShootWalk

Newcomer
Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes she can connect to the internet, but I'm not aware of the presence of updates on the website.
Besides, I get a 404 when I go in the Media section of the website.
I'll will take your advice and wait to update.
1611230999871.png

Ereo

Helper
'm at work right now, but I can take a look and screenshot where you have to go on the website later.

Open GOG.com, click on the account name and then on games:

GOG.png
I

Select Stardew Valley and scroll down:

GOG2.png

You can then download the patches or updates.

@ShootWalk updated :)

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
It looks like Ereo has provided a solution here, but to address something else you mentioned:
Besides, I get a 404 when I go in the Media section of the website.
The Media section is just a tab for people in the media industry who may be looking for info on the game when reporting on it. Stardew Valley isn't sold or distributed through stardewvalley.net itself. But the reason it's not working for you is that you're missing a / between "net" and"press" in that screenshot. The correct url is https://www.stardewvalley.net/press.

I've also updated the thread to use the "PC" prefix rather than "iOS" as this is an issue with the PC (Windows, macOS, or Linux) version.