Windows [HELP] Lag (because of internet connection?)

BrickStrike

Farmhand
I've been playing a lot recently and have noticed a lot of lag, where even the music will start stuttering. Moving anywhere during it misses a lot of the animation, so it looks like the player teleported. I thought at first this was an update 1.5.6 thing, because I didnt remember it being as bad as when I first played it. But, earlier today I tried turning off my wireless connection because I thought maybe it was Steam in the background having issues. I did use to play on a wired desktop instead that had a better connection. So I turned it off, tested for a while, and there was no lag.

My main question is: will there be any problems if I just play offline? I would like my achievements on Steam too, so I'm mainly worried about that. I just play by myself anyways

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
If you set Steam into offline mode I'm pretty sure you'll still get achievements and whatnot, and the game itself has achievements! If you end up missing achievements, there is a way to re-trigger them too, but I think you'll be fine.

This is a weird issue though, I've never heard of internet connection making the game lag if you're playing solo