PC [HELP] Keyboard and Mouse stop working

Gupp96

Newcomer
So when I play the game, once I start and get out of bed I can do stuff for 5-20 seconds before my keyboard and mouse stop working. My character will just keep running in the same direction indefinitely. The mouse won’t move at all and the keyboard won’t respond either. Ctr+alt+del does nothing, the Windows key does nothing, alt+tab does nothing. It’s as if my mouse and keyboard completely stop working. Can anyone help?

Gupp96

Newcomer
I have a question.
Do you type in a different language?
Did you switch your keyboard from English to a foreign language?
No, I’ve checked the keyboard language and it’s in English. That’s the first thing I looked at after looking up this problem online. Same thing happens when I use a controller

No, I’ve checked the keyboard language and it’s in English. That’s the first thing I looked at after looking up this problem online. Same thing happens when I use a controller
Is Stardew Valley the only game that does not work with your keyboard or mouse?
I am asking this question to make sure if the error comes from the game or your devices.

Gupp96

Newcomer
Yes I have tested that too. I play a lot of different games on my PC and I never had any problem either my controller/mouse and keyboard until now

Try going into your steam controller settings for stardew valley and selecting "Enable Steam Input". If that doesn't work, then try resetting to the default gamepad controller configuration by pressing shift + tab while in game to open the steam overlay, then selecting the controller configuration from the top right, then choosing "browse configs", and then finally selecting the recommended/default config.
Could you try CA's suggestion and see if it works?
Source: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/th...t-recognize-xbox-core-controller-series.3329/

In the setting section of your game, could you try to change the Gamepad mode to "force off" instead of auto-detect? –
Then,

Last edited: