PC [HELP] Joining multiplayer bug

nestorian

Newcomer
Every time I try to join my friend's modded farm we have been playing on for the last few weeks the farm isn't listed in my co-op history. When I click to enter the invite code to get back into the game it changes from a full screen properly sized window to a very small window in the top left of my screen. In the settings I can get the window back to full screen but cannot fix the scaling of the game window, or the hud. Attached is a screenshot of what the screen looks like after clicking the invite code button. With a combination of zoom changes and hud scaling I can get it closer to normal but it is basically unplayable.
To clarify, this does not happen on single player, and has not happened until today. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled. Changing resolution does not help.
Please help.
Edit: Attached photos of what the game looks like when set back to windowed borderless inside and out.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
Does this still happen when using a completely unmodded game? If so, I guess you could try deleting your startup_preferences file, which is in %appdata%/StardewValley (same folder as your saves). I feel like I've seen people with this before, but don't remember how they fixed it and would need to search around for things you haven't already tried...

(If not, moderators will probably move this to mod support, since it's a modded game :) A SMAPI log would be the best place to start.)

nestorian

Newcomer
Does this still happen when using a completely unmodded game? If so, I guess you could try deleting your startup_preferences file, which is in %appdata%/StardewValley (same folder as your saves). I feel like I've seen people with this before, but don't remember how they fixed it and would need to search around for things you haven't already tried...

(If not, moderators will probably move this to mod support, since it's a modded game :) A SMAPI log would be the best place to start.)
I can confirm that it does this when not loading through SMAPI. I'll have to cut the entire mods folder to be certain whether or not it does it without any mods.