Android [HELP] Issues With Amazon Appstore Version

lexziekmoon

Newcomer
Hello, I recently showed my mom Stardew and she fell in love. She downloaded it on her Kindle Fire 10 via the Amazon Appstore. She doesn't seem to have the 1.5 update but the appstore says that it is the latest version. But she doesn't have access to the 1.5 content like the boat in Willys shop that leads to Ginger Island. For some reason, her fishing mechanic also doesn't work. She can hook a fish but the bar won't move as she tries to catch it. I'm not sure where to go from here. We've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling. And googling the issues has brought no answers.

Unfortunately mobile platforms don’t have the latest version (or multiplayer), they are working on porting 1.5 (without multiplayer) to mobile platforms I think I've read in a few other threads. I also read someone else's cleaver post that porting to mobile later probably is best done after all the kinks are worked out and rapidly patched for the other platforms, where patches are easier, and that maybe it allows them to port it to mobile only once when it is working well, which I'm not sure is the case but it made sense to me. I hope that helps.

PS. It is pretty cool you got her started on Stardew! 🙂

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I think Kindle fire has the mobile version, so she has to wait for the 1.5 update.

What is she doing to move the fishing bar?

Ereo is right, it would be considered mobile, yes. Fire OS is based on Android Open Source, in some ways it is almost a stripped down/customized version (though it is also considered its own OS) that Amazon runs their proprietary app store and other Amazon software on (Source: I have installed full Google Play store on Kindle Fires bought for friends). I'm guessing since there is no Fire OS listing on the wiki or the stardewvalley.net site, that Fire OS-based devices are simply lumped in with Android OS, which isn't super helpful/clear for folks that aren't aware, sorry about that. I had no idea Stardew was in the Amazon Store until you posted (it is usually pretty limited app-wise, nothing like the Android or iOS app stores), so I'm glad you did! I'll mention it to my friends. 🙂

Edit: Yep, search found where a forum moderator confirmed Fire OS is lumped in with Android OS on official Stardew-related things. That's good for me to know for future, would have mentioned it to friends sooner.

Has she checked out the mobile controls page of the wiki for help? I fish with a paired a Bluetooth controller (iOS), so Ereo or someone who uses touch-based controls is probably a much better help.

Last edited: