iOS [HELP] iPad crashes

jspelt77

Newcomer
The game is crashing on my 6th gen iPad. Keeps crashing after just a couple of minutes of playing. Not in any specific scenario. Any suggestions/help is appreciated!

Reactions: dud

Odin

Staff member
Are the iPad and game up to date? You can check the iPad by opening Settings, then tapping "General" and "Software Update". You can check the game by opening the App Store, tapping your icon in the top right, then pulling down to refresh to see if you have any available app updates.

dud

Greenhorn
[
Are the iPad and game up to date? You can check the iPad by opening Settings, then tapping "General" and "Software Update". You can check the game by opening the App Store, tapping your icon in the top right, then pulling down to refresh to see if you have any available app updates.
Hi, don’t know if this is the right place to raise this or not, but also having similar issues:
-on iOS 12.4.7 (up to date)
-game version: 1.4.5.145 (up to date)
-however, on a slightly older device (iPad Air)
Experiencing reoccurring crashes almost consistently around ~5 mins after waking up in game
Wondering if this is due to my older device or if this is fixable on either end?
Thank you very much
Kind regards,
Dud
(Have a great day!)

Odin

Staff member
Hi, don’t know if this is the right place to raise this or not, but also having similar issues:
Unfortunately you're not the only one to report crashes on an older device. Because of how iOS is built, there's not much that can be done in terms of troubleshooting. Maybe @ric would be able to offer additional thoughts, but I think otherwise we just have to hope a future update fixes these issues.

redbobcat

Rancher
I have just few generic suggestions:

Close all other open apps.

Hard reboot your iPad - press and hold power button until the power down slide appears, slide it to power down. In 5 minutes press and hold power button to start the iPad back up. For newer model it’s press and hold power button + volume control for slide to appear.

Uninstall and reinstall the game - make sure to backup your saved games first!

Try to disable “Background App Refresh” under Settings/General and see if that helps. If it does, it means something from that list is causing the game crash. I keep refresh permanently disabled on my iPad, nothing needs to be constantly running on the background in my opinion.

Make sure there is enough empty space on your iPad.

Good luck!

Last edited:

dud

Greenhorn
Just make sure to backup your save first!!
Thank you very much for all the suggestions redbobcat and Odin!
I really appreciate the time you took to reply and making such clear and easy to follow steps
I’ve done everything I can so hopefully it’ll be more stable now (fingers crossed)
Thanks once again, much love,
Dud

noddy

Newcomer
Type of phone: iPad Pro 11in. (2020)
Details of your issue: Games crashes and freezes multiple times throughout playing, in the mines, in the farm and in the town. It’s pretty random but has been happening consistently since the game update. Recently it’s been happening more frequently and I’ve tried just letting it be but it’s pretty annoying to have to restart the same day.
On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)? Happens both instances.
Any other info that might be relevant: I use a controller and the touch screen, still happens. I have about 120GB of free space and no other apps are open. Still happens.