iOS [HELP] I’m not able to buy blue chickens

SDV1234

Newcomer
Hi all! Is there any way to get the blue chickens if I married Shane before they were added to the game? I play on iPhone and have the most up to date version of the game!

ISSsloth

Farmer
After shane's 10 heart event there is a chance that when buying a white chicken you will get a blue one instead. I'm not sure if that answers your question but it could be the reason you can't seen to buy one.

nicodeux

Farmer
This Shane's 8 hearts event that needs to be seen, not the 10 hearts event.

Anyway, as ISSsloth mentioned, once this event has been seen, there is a chance when purchasing a chicken that it will be blue. To ensure that you get the wanted colour, when Marnie asks you to choose the coop in which to host the chicken, the colour of the chicken is indicated (brown/white/blue chicken). If this is not the expected colour, just cancel and start the purchase process again until you get the colour you want.

Ereo

Helper
I don't think you could have married Shane before the heart event & blue chickens were added.

If you married him without seeing the event, try catching him on Marnies ranch on Monday morning (10:30 am to 11:30 am). The event should still trigger.

Otherwise, what @nicodeux said: there's a 25% chance for the chicken to be blue, just keep cancelling until you get it.