PC [HELP] How to get rid of mouse interruption

msulli1355

Greenhorn
I play on a PC on Linux and I use a gamepad to play the game. I started a new game last Thursday. I loaded an old game and headed into town and discovered the new features, so I wanted to start a new game to re-discover everything. I loaded my new game today. My gamepad no longer works as I expect it to. The mouse pointer nearly constantly interrupts what I'm trying to do. Ordinarily, I scoot my mouse pointer over to the right side of the screen where it is hidden from sight. Is there a way to disable the mouse when using a gamepad? If not, there probably should be. Thank you for your time.

msulli1355

Greenhorn
No. I'm thinking that it's set to auto. I'm not actually logged into the game at this moment. I'll try the Force On option though. Thank you for your help.

msulli1355

Greenhorn
Gamepad "Force On" didn't work exactly as I expected. The mouse was still visible. Ocassionally I'd pick something up and the button to place it(the buttom in the position of Square on the PS controllers I'm used to) wouldn't. I'd have to switch back to Auto in ordder to place the thing. Also, the Square button no longer works like it used to. I have had to re-orient myself since switching to Force On. It does NOT make the mouse pointer dissapppear.

msulli1355

Greenhorn
Now my confirm button is not working. It's just after the Festival of Ice, and I can't open my front door. This controller is a bit old, as is the computer (built new in 2016), but I tried the X button on the keyboard and I still couldn't get in. This is really becoming problematic.

msulli1355

Greenhorn
OK. I got into the house. It was the mouse interruption thing I mentioned before. My confirm button is OK. The gamepad is set to Force On.