iOS [HELP] Hosting server on iPhone via NVIDIA GeForce Now

flaccid_churro

Greenhorn
Greetings, wasn’t sure if I should post this under PC or iOS, but here goes. I started hosting a farm on my PC for me and one other person and have recently attempted to host the same farm from my iPhone via the NVIDIA GeForce Now cloud gaming platform. This was appealing because GeForce Now is connected to my Steam account and I am able to access the farm we’ve been working on for awhile. I’m able to boot up the farm, invite him, and he’s able to join with no issues. The issue is that the game is very laggy, more so for him than me.

Is this just a product of trying to host from a phone? Is there something I could optimize or change to make it more playable? Or is there some other way outside of using GeForce Now that would allow me to access our farm from my iPhone and host it successfully? TIA.

Odin

Staff member
Unfortunately I think some level of lag may be inherent to a setup like this. I'm not positive if it allows for the same functionality, but have you tried the Steam Link app?

flaccid_churro

Greenhorn
Unfortunately I think some level of lag may be inherent to a setup like this. I'm not positive if it allows for the same functionality, but have you tried the Steam Link app?
I have not tried it but I definitely will. Thanks for the reply.