PC [HELP] Great Game, Installed New Update now Game Doesn't Load

katjo74

Newcomer
I've had this game and played it quite a bit in the past year or so, but since I let it upload the new update a few minutes ago, I get this, then I can't go farther cuz I'm exited out:

[SMAPI] SMAPI 3.4.1 with Stardew Valley 1.5.1 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
[SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
[SMAPI] SMAPI failed to initialize: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'StardewValley.Game1.locations'.
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame..ctor(Monitor monitor, IMonitor monitorForGame, Reflector reflection, Translator translator, EventManager eventManager, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ModRegistry modRegistry, DeprecationManager deprecationManager, PerformanceMonitor performanceMonitor, Action onGameInitialized, Action onGameExiting, CancellationTokenSource cancellationToken, Boolean logNetworkTraffic)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 246
[SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

I am not computer savvy so I have no idea what this is about. Please help-? Thank you in advance.

mouse

Farmer
SMAPI is Stardew Valley's mod loader. You had SMAPI and mods installed some time in the past, and your version is very out of date and will not work with the current version of the game. You can update it by re-running the installer, but any mods you were using may also be out of date. I suggest updating SMAPI by following those instructions, then finding the Mods folder in your game folder and renaming the whole folder to anything but Mods. This way SMAPI will be able to clean up any saves that might be affected by removing mods, once you load them.