PC [HELP] Ginger Island Mermaid not working

joruney

Newcomer
Hi, I recently got the flute block recipe from Robin, and was super excited to go get the walnuts from the mermaid. I know the pattern is 2, 11, 9, 5, 7- and to walk from left to right (and obviously that I have to go on a rainy day). I play un-modded single player.

I have tried everything. I have tried placing the flute blocks above, on, and below the stones. I have tried tuning each block as I set it down, and I've tried tuning each one after setting them all out. I have tried doing one click less than the pattern (1,10,8,4,6), exactly the pattern (2,11,9,5,7) and even one click above (3,12,10,6,8). I am not sure what else to do here.

I have read and looked at guides that say the mermaid should dance a little when the tune is right, and that she should wave at you when standing in a certain spot. Mine does not wave at me at all, does not dance, and this puzzle will not work.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried it at all.

dubesor

Farmhand
I just tested and it didn't matter where exactly I placed the fluteblocks (below, over, or ontop of stones); just placed them with the same spacing as the rocks. As for the solutions I did 1, 10, 8, 4, 6 clicks because that would equal Notes 2, 11, 9, 5, 7. However both solutions seem to work (she dances+kisses both times when testing).

Make sure you are using rightclick to tune correctly.

Ida

Greenhorn
Did you get it to work? What did you do if it worked? I can’t seem to get her to wave at me or dance so nothing works. (I play on the switch)

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'm on a pc and I can't get it to work either. She doesn't acknowledge me at all. I've tried it every way the internet suggests, probably 100 times. Nothing happens. I hate feeling rejected by the mermaid.

rektapplesauce

Newcomer
Hey, I stumbled upon this post when I was having the same problem and this might be a little too late but I was able to solve it by moving the tiles closer to the mermaid. I read in a reddit post you have to move it closer for the mermaid to hear. Hope this helps!

nimbusclaudi

Newcomer
Hey, I stumbled upon this post when I was having the same problem and this might be a little too late but I was able to solve it by moving the tiles closer to the mermaid. I read in a reddit post you have to move it closer for the mermaid to hear. Hope this helps!
Same problem on the Switch and this worked for me!
image.jpg

amethyst_skies

Newcomer
I’ve tried moving the flute blocks closer to her, but it still won’t work, I know I’ve tuned them correctly, but nothing I’ve tried even works?

Lovin90

Greenhorn
I seem to be having the same issue as well. I move closer to her as well with the correct patch and she doesn't react at all even with me turning auto run off.

Njin

Planter
Hi, I recently got the flute block recipe from Robin, and was super excited to go get the walnuts from the mermaid. I know the pattern is 2, 11, 9, 5, 7- and to walk from left to right (and obviously that I have to go on a rainy day). I play un-modded single player.

I have tried everything. I have tried placing the flute blocks above, on, and below the stones. I have tried tuning each block as I set it down, and I've tried tuning each one after setting them all out. I have tried doing one click less than the pattern (1,10,8,4,6), exactly the pattern (2,11,9,5,7) and even one click above (3,12,10,6,8). I am not sure what else to do here.

I have read and looked at guides that say the mermaid should dance a little when the tune is right, and that she should wave at you when standing in a certain spot. Mine does not wave at me at all, does not dance, and this puzzle will not work.

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried it at all.
Have you found the journal scrap that mentions the mermaid? that might be why it is not working