PC [HELP] Game wont start

Duende2211

Greenhorn
Hello, i just buy, download and install the game. And it wont launch. I click play and kind of start and stop inmediatly.
I already try all steps in "HOW TO FIX YOUR GAME" and still cant make it work.
I need help pls.

1. Could you give me the link to the website where you followed the instruction to fix your game?
2. Could you tell me when your game stopped working? Before installation?
3. If possible, could you screenshot the error message?

Last edited:

Duende2211

Greenhorn
1. Could you give me the link to the website where you followed the instruction to fix your game?
2. Could you tell me when your game stopped working? Before installation?
3. If possible, could you screenshot the error message?
1) From the steam comunity of the game https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/
2) It never works, i buy, download and install and it never start.
3) There is no error msg, i click play and it seems that the game want to start but inmediatly stops.

Could you try to follow this instruction?
Feel free to ask me some questions if you have difficulty following the instruction.
Please report back if it works or not.

Last edited:

Duende2211

Greenhorn
Could you try to follow this instruction?
Feel free to ask me some questions if you have difficulty following the instruction.
Please report back if it works or not.
Hello, yes i already do that.
I Also do the following
1) Give Steam Permission
2) Check Speakers & Headphones
3) Update audio and video drivers
4) Disable Compatibility Mode
5) Delete Stardew Valley folder in %AppData%
6) Move the local instalation folder (of the game) from steam.
7) Update DirectX 9.0c
8) Update Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable
9) Check for firewall or antivirus blocks.
10) Clean install.

And after all that, the game still wont start.

I read in steam forums that it might need to manual replace some .dll files in SysWOW64 and in System32 for someone's files that already has the game, but i can't find those files anywhere :(

Hello, yes i already do that.
I Also do the following
1) Give Steam Permission
2) Check Speakers & Headphones
3) Update audio and video drivers
4) Disable Compatibility Mode
5) Delete Stardew Valley folder in %AppData%
6) Move the local instalation folder (of the game) from steam.
7) Update DirectX 9.0c
8) Update Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable
9) Check for firewall or antivirus blocks.
10) Clean install.

And after all that, the game still wont start.

I read in steam forums that it might need to manual replace some .dll files in SysWOW64 and in System32 for someone's files that already has the game, but i can't find those files anywhere :(
Hello. Not so fast.
I am going to ask a question again. I was not asking if you followed the instruction "How to fix your game" from Steam's forum?.

Instead, I want to make sure if you already tested the integrity of the game files.

I was asking if you already followed this instruction of Bethesda Support ?

Have you checked the integrity of the game files? This is to verify if you have the games' files that are installed properly.

Last edited:

Duende2211

Greenhorn
Hello. Not so fast.
I am going to ask a question again. I was not asking if you followed the instruction "How to fix your game" from Steam's forum?.

Instead, I want to make sure if you already tested the integrity of the game files.

I was asking if you already followed this instruction of Bethesda Support ?

Have you checked the integrity of the game files? This is to verify if you have the games' files that are installed properly.
I already told you yes. And is the same step as step nº2 of "How to fix your game" from Steam's forum = Verify game file integrity.
Plus i already try a clean install of the game in another folder with same result. So i dont think the problem are the game files.

My apology.
Could you give me a link where it was suggested "to replace some .dll files in SysWOW64 and in System32"?

Brutalibre

Newcomer
Hello ! I happen to have the exact same problem as Duende2211 : I try to start the game (with Steam), but a few seconds later the game stops and it's as if it crashes on startup without an error message. No log appears in %appdata%.
I have tried the same things as Duende, except for the .DLL part (seems shady). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and the game altogether, and tried to start it offline after moving my save files. Still no start.
Is there someone who could help me figure this out please ?

@Brutalibre

Maybe install the ddl from the microsoft to see if it works.

Read this:

2002 Version DDL

2003 Version DDL

source:

Last edited: