Solved [HELP] Game Window Minimizes on Launch

sanddall-asy

Newcomer
Hi! This is my first post on this forum, so if this is the wrong location for this kind of post please let me know!

The past week or so when I have been attempting to play Stardew, about half the time when I run the game the game window will open but automatically minimize, and when I click on the taskbar tab it will go to fullscreen only to return to being minimized again afterwards immediately. Sometimes I am able to run the game and play it after I restart my laptop, but today I restarted my laptop around four times and even turned it off and on, but the game still minimizes automatically. Is there any way to fix this? I own the game on Steam and use a Windows operating system. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game's shortcut and starting the game directly from the Steam library page to no luck. I've had this game for a few years and have not had this issue before, and I can't find anything like this online, but it may have just been how I phrased searches.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirTiegertosch

Farmhand
Here is a simpel fix for this problem.

Press Windows Button + R > type: %appdata% > Then you should be in "Roaming" > Search in Roaming for "StardewValley" > In the Folder "StardewValley" open "startup_prefernces" with a text editor like Notepad++

When you opend startup_prefernces in your text editor. Search for the following:
  • <fullscreenResolutionX>NUMBER</fullscreenResolutionX>
  • <fullscreenResolutionY>NUMBER</fullscreenResolutionY>
  • <preferredResolutionX>NUMBER</preferredResolutionX>
  • <preferredResolutionX>NUMBER</preferredResolutionX>
There are two numbers for me it was 1440 x 900. Change this two numbers too X=1920 and Y=1080. This will starte the Game in the correct resolution and it should stay in full screen.

Hope this helps and sorry for my bad english greetings from germany

Last edited: