PC [HELP] Game Pass version keeps crashing randomaly while playing multiplayer.

Blumpy Dumpy

Newcomer
We recently got a group of friends together to play this game for the first time when we saw that it came out on Xbox Game Pass. We are all really enjoying it but sadly our host randomly crashes from day to day and we lose all our preogress that day.
We are all on PC and all playing through Game Pass. We don't use any mods and a couple others have been disconnected too but it's only when the host loses connection that we all lose our progress.
We've tried looking up solutions but arent having any luck and it seems posting a crash log would help. We aren't sure how to find them though. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we really want to enjoy this game without losing saved data.

Last edited by a moderator:

liquidcat

Staff member
You can find crash log here-
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/

lokie821

Newcomer
This keeps happening to me and my wife while we play. Both solo and in a group. Nothing specific seems to be triggering it. It being the game pass version on PC I cannot find the error logs at all

Grupfarmer

Newcomer
me and my friends have the same problem.
The game closes without warning and without giving any error message.
We play the game pass version of pc sharing account.
I can't find the error file on windows either.

Farmer82

Newcomer
Both of my kids laptop crash as well with the Microsoft Store version; my desktop (also running the Store version) doesn't crash. All PCs are running Windows 11 fully updated, and the game is updated in the Store to the latest available version.

There is no "stardewvalley" folder in %appdata% and I couldn't find any logs anywhere else on the machines. We are running the vanilla version of the game as it exists in the Microsoft Store, no mods or alterations.

When the game crashes, there are entries appended to the Event Log like these:

Code:
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          12/21/2021 6:42:25 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Laptop2
Description:
Faulting application name: Stardew Valley.exe, version: 1.3.37.0, time stamp: 0x609308e7
Faulting module name: coreclr.dll, version: 5.0.721.25508, time stamp: 0x609303c0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001ca4a7
Faulting process id: 0x6e08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f6dbb06e4868
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\ConcernedApe.StardewValleyPC_1.5.50012.0_x64__0c8vynj4cqe4e\Stardew Valley.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\ConcernedApe.StardewValleyPC_1.5.50012.0_x64__0c8vynj4cqe4e\coreclr.dll
Report Id: 8a60439e-7cab-4dc5-a997-334c7b6541e9
Faulting package full name: ConcernedApe.StardewValleyPC_1.5.50012.0_x64__0c8vynj4cqe4e
Faulting package-relative application ID: Game
Please let me know if there are any known workarounds, or if there's a way to collect additional information to help with the fix.

Thank you!

Godspeed117

Newcomer
This is still an issue. My wife and I try to play either solo or coop on our separate PCs with shared Game Pass and the game crashes randomly. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks!

Hopeisthekey

Newcomer
I found the fix.
Instead of trying to run the Stardew Vally.exe in the directory of Xbox Gamepass as administrator which you can't do, simply do the following:

- Press The windows Key (Win10 or Win11)
- Type "Stardew Valley" in the search bar
- The Stardew Valley "App" should pop up.
- Right Click the "App" listing and click "Run as administrator".
- Problem fixed.

valiard0

Newcomer
The fix doesn't work for me and my friend. We both ran the app as administrator and we still both randomly crash
We share the same microsoft store account to play in coop but have different xbox user accounts, using xbox game pass ultimate on pc.

Do you know another way to fix it ? We litterally can't go through a single day without one of us crashing.