iOS [HELP] Game not starting (GoG, Mac)

MelonMain

Greenhorn
Hi fellow farmers :)
Kind of a problem here, bought a Macbook Air not too long ago & the only game I play on it is Stardew Valley. Worked finde until I started it without opening GoG first, so straight up the Stardew Application. Played some time (but didn't save) but when I noticed that I loaded into an old save file I closed the game without saving it because I didn't want to **** up the save file (or whatever, I'm not good with computers and first apple product lol).

So then I wanted to start it up regularly by first opening GoG... didn't work.

I've tried: Re-installing game, re-installingGoG launcher, opening Terminal and typing "sudo chown <yourusername>:staff ~/.config", which worked for plenty of people as I saw but saddly not for me, tried deleting Error Logs

Anyone got an idea? Trying to fix this for hours no but no success. Hope someone can help :) Thanks in advance

When I try to start the game via GoG it just Syncs and then nothing. Doesn't start at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookSeville

Cowpoke
Hi fellow farmers :)
Kind of a problem here, bought a Macbook Air not too long ago & the only game I play on it is Stardew Valley. Worked finde until I started it without opening GoG first, so straight up the Stardew Application. Played some time (but didn't save) but when I noticed that I loaded into an old save file I closed the game without saving it because I didn't want to **** up the save file (or whatever, I'm not good with computers and first apple product lol).

So then I wanted to start it up regularly by first opening GoG... didn't work.

I've tried: Re-installing game, re-installingGoG launcher, opening Terminal and typing "sudo chown <yourusername>:staff ~/.config", which worked for plenty of people as I saw but saddly not for me, tried deleting Error Logs

Anyone got an idea? Trying to fix this for hours no but no success. Hope someone can help :) Thanks in advance

When I try to start the game via GoG it just Syncs and then nothing. Doesn't start at all.
What probably happened is, when you opened GoG, Stardew Valley updated to the latest version 1.5.5. There's a few of us on macOS having trouble with the GoG version of the game. There's a couple solutions proposed here:

My game still doesn't seem to communicate with GoG. I haven't tried a single player game to see if it saves correctly, but I expect that should work. However, the GoG backup probably won't.

MelonMain

Greenhorn
What probably happened is, when you opened GoG, Stardew Valley updated to the latest version 1.5.5.
I forgot to mention that I'm having this problem for the last 3 days. I tried fixing it not until yesterday.
Anyway, THANKS! The command copied into Terminal worked. Finally.
Definitely not going to run it anymore without GoG, since that somehow caused the problem.