Windows [HELP] Game Not Launching Erorr Failed to create graphics device!

Sadra

Cowpoke
Hello I Unistalled Stradew Valley For Some Reason In Past Now I Install That Again When I Wanted To Launch That Nothing Appears But In Some Seccond Its Visible On Task Manager I Read Lots Of Posts But Still I Cant Fix My Problem I Updated My Drivers But Still There Is That Problem
If You Want Too Help Me This Is My Laptop Information

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU T4400 @2.2Ghz 2.20 Ghz
Ram:4:00 GB
Graphic :Mobile Intel (4) Express Chispet Familly

And This Is My Eror Log
InnerException: System.PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.FramebufferHelper.Create(GraphicsDevice gd) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.FramebufferHelper.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.OpenGL.cs:line 340
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Graphics\GraphicsDevice.cs:line 357
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice(GraphicsDeviceInformation gdi) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 144
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 115
Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\GraphicsDeviceManager.cs:line 123
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 838
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 465
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.6
SDK Helper: GalaxyHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: Could not detect.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi Sadra and Welcome to the Forums!

I have a laptop the same age as yours and after a few recent updates to the game in December, I couldn't run Stardew Valley on it until I installed the Compatibility Mode version on my computer. It looks like you're using GOG Galaxy to install it which I don't, but I'll look up how to do this in Galaxy...

Open Stardew Valley's page in GOG Galaxy
Click the Settings tab towards the upper right
Hover over Manage Installation and then click Configure
Click the popup next to Beta channels and then compatibility
Click OK

My Stardew Valley automatically updated when I did this

Please try this and if you're not using GOG Galaxy, there are directions for Steam to do the same thing. And sorry if you've tried this already and it didn't work.

Last edited:

Sadra

Cowpoke
Hello Thanks I Try This Now But Still There Is Launching Problem And i Saw Stradew Valley Longer In Task Manager Thanks And Problem Is Not Solved For Me

Last edited: