PC [HELP] Game Keeps crashing on load/ Multiplayer

TheKingTiger

Newcomer
Me and my Girlfriend have been trying to get back on our multiplayer world but every time she tries to load that save it crashes.
She has tried to uninstall the game and reinstall and we have run through this link: https://www.stardewvalley.net/missing-corrupt-save-file-troubleshooting-guide/ to no avail I really don't know what to do.
And I'm not sure where to go from here we are running it through steam and on PC we had a little stint with mods but with 1.5 we removed them, not sure if we ruined our savefile or if there is a chance.
It's her save file so I'm not in direct access to it at the moment!

We do have error logs which I have posted here, it all really started around the 1.5 updates and I'm not sure what I need to do. And if you need more info about this save let me know! I appreciate it!
this is my first post so if I need to add anything at all let me know!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
The referenced file is from the game itself, not the savefile. The mods you used probably changed them in one way or another. Just run the file integrity check service offered by Steam, this should detect the files that have changes and download back the correct ones. You can find a step-to-step guide here. If your girlfriend is the one with the crash I'm guessing she's the host of your game, but given that you both used mods, maybe it would be for the best if you both run the integrity test, just in case.

If you keep having problems after doing this, reply to this thread describing your current situation.

TheKingTiger

Newcomer
The referenced file is from the game itself, not the savefile. The mods you used probably changed them in one way or another. Just run the file integrity check service offered by Steam, this should detect the files that have changes and download back the correct ones. You can find a step-to-step guide here. If your girlfriend is the one with the crash I'm guessing she's the host of your game, but given that you both used mods, maybe it would be for the best if you both run the integrity test, just in case.

If you keep having problems after doing this, reply to this thread describing your current situation.
Hey! Thanks for the reply! we have tried this a lot and it still crashes, I have tried to go through steam and everything to fix this. It doesn't seem to work. She crashes the second she loads that particular save, but every other one is fine even one she had the same mods on. Got any Ideas? Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the reply! we have tried this a lot and it still crashes, I have tried to go through steam and everything to fix this. It doesn't seem to work. She crashes the second she loads that particular save, but every other one is fine even one she had the same mods on. Got any Ideas? Thanks!
Ok, I misread your original enquiry and assumed the crash occurred on game load. If it happens when selecting savefile, then it is a problem with the savefile.

I don't know how to solve this particular problem, but anyone that might want to give it a try will need your savefile and a full list of the mods you used on that save. I don't know who this "GuntherSilvian" is but it does sound like a new NPC added by a mod or some modded event or location related to Gunther, the curator of the museum.

Worst comes to worst you'd need to find if the related mod has any forum or discord where the devs or people that know the inside workings of it can tell you what to change on the savefile.

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
And I'm not sure where to go from here we are running it through steam and on PC we had a little stint with mods but with 1.5 we removed them, not sure if we ruined our savefile or if there is a chance.
This is almost certainly the issue. Many mods permanently edit saves played with them, so removing all your mods means those saves can't be launched. However, this can likely be fixed just by re-installing SMAPI: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Installing_SMAPI_on_Windows