PC [HELP] Game has semi often short lagspikes when vsync is on, and when it's off the screen seems to have some line going through it when walking

Foxomaniak

Tiller
I'm on single player, English language and on the newest version.

The line isn't some sort of a normal line, like it looks as if it was updating the screen because it moves it a bit.

Odin

Staff member
The line isn't some sort of a normal line, like it looks as if it was updating the screen because it moves it a bit.
That's known as screen tearing, and unfortunately it's just an inherent issue with some game if you have certain combinations of monitor and graphics card. The way to fix that is to turn on vsync, there really isn't another solution. Can you describe the lag you see when vsync is on?

Foxomaniak

Tiller
That's known as screen tearing, and unfortunately it's just an inherent issue with some game if you have certain combinations of monitor and graphics card. The way to fix that is to turn on vsync, there really isn't another solution. Can you describe the lag you see when vsync is on?
Ah I see.

And the lag is that every 4-6 seconds my fps drop to ~49 and then go back to normal for a moment, I've also noticed that my mouse moves slower with vsync on