[HELP] Game Crashing when joining Co-op

Tigr0705

Newcomer
So my friend and I had a bunch of mods downloaded, and today it just randomly decided that my friend could not join my co-op world. SMAPI gave the following error messages (see below). They tried to redownload the game and not even run it through SMAPI but it crashes every time she tries to join the world. I can join her world fine but she cannot join my world. Does anyone know how to help fix this? The game starts up fine, it just crashes after inputting the invite code and clicking on the world.

[game] An error occured in the base update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at StardewValley.Objects.Boots.loadDisplayFields() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Boots.cs:line 258
at StardewValley.Objects.Boots.get_DisplayName() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Boots.cs:line 222
at Write9_Boots_Patch1(Object n, String ns, String o, Boots isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Write74_Farmer_Patch1(Object n, String ns, String o, Farmer isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterFarmer.Write75_Farmer(Object o)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.serialize(BinaryWriter writer, XmlSerializer serializer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 93
at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.WriteFull(BinaryWriter writer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 234
at Netcode.NetRoot`1.CreateConnectionPacket(BinaryWriter writer, Nullable`1 connection) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRoot.cs:line 113
at StardewValley.Multiplayer.writeObjectFullBytes[T](NetRoot`1 root, Nullable`1 peer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 629
at StardewValley.Network.Client.sendPlayerIntroduction() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 178
at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.FarmhandSlot.Activate() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 33
at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 1141
at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 190
at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 1246
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4110
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3640
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2913
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 829

Tigr0705

Newcomer
So update:

I believe the problem is that I have these two Boots in a drawer in the game that came with one of the mods, but I deleted the mod and the item is still in there as a glitch, which is causing the game to glitch. Is there any way for me to manually delete these glitched items from the code or the save files? I've attached a picture of the two shoes that have no picture.
Screenshot (2).png

kdau

Tiller
You can delete them from your save, yes. The save files are just XML files with all the spaces squeezed out. (As it says in the section of that page on how to edit them, make a backup first!) Look for XML elements with the start tag <heldItems xsi:type="Boots"> through the end tag </heldItems>. Two of them will have <DisplayName> elements inside with the names of the pairs of boots you're looking for. Delete both <heldItems> blocks in their entireties. For example, here is a block that would be deleted as a unit to remove the Combat Boots from a Dresser or Chest:

XML:
<heldItems xsi:type="Boots">
    <isLostItem>false</isLostItem>
    <category>-97</category>
    <hasBeenInInventory>false</hasBeenInInventory>
    <name>Combat Boots</name>
    <specialItem>false</specialItem>
    <SpecialVariable>0</SpecialVariable>
    <DisplayName>Combat Boots</DisplayName>
    <Name>Combat Boots</Name>
    <Stack>1</Stack>
    <defenseBonus>3</defenseBonus>