Solved HELP Game crashes while loading (during launch) on Mac

sommyb

Newcomer
Hi all, I'm playing SV on Mac High Sierra. I have been playing no problem with the following mods for about 4 months now:

- SV Expanded (and all the required mods)
- Immersive Farm 2 Remastered
- TractorMod
- ChestsAnywhere
- ImmersiveCharacters - Shane

However, when I tried to launch a specific saved game today, it said "Loading" but then the game crashed.

Here are the fixes I've tried so far:
- terminal "chown -username" fix
- restarting computer, relaunching steam
- deleted recent saved backups in save-backups folder
- verifying the integrity of saved files in steam

(but none of these fixed it)

One thing I noticed is that SV always launched a terminal window for me when I started the game from Steam, but today it didn't launch a terminal window.

Here is my log: https://smapi.io/log/c4db4325e50d4cf097b385accc338081 (I've now updated all my mods to the latest version, per the log's suggestions. It still crashes during loading, and won't start the game, so the log isn't updated to show that the mods are now updated)

Please help!

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Make sure you always reinstall SMAPI after a game update or resetting content files if you aren't on Windows. SMAPI replaces the startup script on Mac/Linux, so that gets reverted when the files are updated officially. That log is timestamped yesterday before your update, so that would be why it doesn't reflect your changes :)

(The crash should resolve itself once you have your mods going again, but just in case you/anyone else ever need/want to play that save without mods in the future, you can do that! You just need to make sure to play with SMAPI installed for at least 1 day without the mods installed to clean up custom locations/NPCs for you, and if you married a custom NPC you should divorce them first. There will be some cleanup you need to do when changing maps or dealing with custom items and stuff, so leaving SMAPI installed long enough to fix everything is helpful.)