Switch [HELP] Game crashes after going to sleep

mochiichu

Newcomer
I'm playing on the switch ver 1.5.4, hosting a local multiplayer with my GF (also switch ver 1.5.4), and we can't progress past Day 7 of Summer, Year 3 because the game crashes immediately after we go to sleep (The software was closed because an error occurred.) The first time we encountered the error we had both, on that day, bought from Robin the house cellar upgrade, all house renovations, and I purchased a telephone. I don't remember what we did the day before.
  • Tried going to sleep immediately after waking up
  • Tried launching the farm on singleplayer and going to sleep immediately after waking up
  • Tried trashing the fisherman bed I was using and replacing it with the default large bed
Sleeping and saving on other save files works fine although none have progressed as far as this one. We've yet to finish repairing Willy's ship.

Any help on fixing our save file would be much appreciated.

mochiichu

Newcomer
Bump.

Problem is still happening and can't progress past this day, still waiting for some help on what to do. Can't play anymore because nothing gets saved, the game is consistently crashing after going to sleep, before the sell screen shows up. This is the first farm we've worked on together, put a lot of hours in, and it's really disheartening to lose everything after the new update.

I'd be happy to provide more information, I just don't know what's relevant here. I've tried tearing down almost everything on the farm (crops, animals, indoor & outdoor furniture, craftables, grass, stones & trees) and putting everything into chests - still doesn't work.

mochiichu

Newcomer
Bump.

Updated to 1.5.4.1

Reorganized everything in chests, fridges, and other containers on the off chance this was the issue, didn't work. Also tried giving Clint each tool to upgrade but it didn't work either. We do have three sets of tools despite only having two players because we built a cabin way back to add a new player, stole their tools and parsnip seeds, and then deleted the cabin. Also noticed that I had selected the "donate 100 bone fragments to the museum" special request from the board in front of Lewis' house and it expires in 1 day. We didn't donate any bone fragments. Maybe that's relevant?

Is restarting the only solution for this save file...

boyliker

Sodbuster
i'd honestly just try restarting or making a new save file, a lot of people ran into this type of error in animal crossing when it first came out bc the switch can corrupt save files real easily. if even updating the game didn't work and you tried everything, it might be worth a shot. only other thing i'd see being possible is if you uploaded your saves to the cloud and then uninstalled/reinstalled the game, might work then. sorry about ur save dude i hope you can fix it