Switch [HELP] Flute Block Music

Chichilloh

Newcomer
I’ve recently stumbled over some video showing players create whole songs with flute (and drum) blocks.

I’ve tried to set this up myself, but noticed that no two tones can play at once and a single tone takes so long to play, that a second block right next to it will not be able to start its tone when walking by.
(In my test: with 8 blocks in a row there will only be three tones played when passing them with walking speed)

After checking the forum and googleing this problem I came up empty handed. Only found an unanswered and abandoned Reddit thread describing the same problem.

Is this a known problem?
Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Chichilloh

Newcomer
Thanks for the reply. Spacing the blocks might work, but then the melody would be to slow. Anyone with a switch (or console in general) that also has this problem or even better does not?

tubbis

Greenhorn
I hope its okay to bump a thread thats ~1 month old, I didn't want to start a new thread for the same issue. Just to restate what the OP said, it is currently impossible to make music using flute blocks on switch because only one note will play at a time, and the game must wait until the note has fully played before playing the next one. Any blocks triggered during that time are ignored. The bug can be easily reproduced by placing two or more noteblocks in a line and attempting to trigger them by walking alongside them.

Switch, version 1.5

imnvs

Local Legend
Has everyone tried actually walking past them? Auto-run is turned on by default. Turn it off and try again?