Issue [HELP] Error After Going to Bed

quackitty

Newcomer
The same thing keeps happening whenever i try to go to bed. I'm not entirely sure why the error is occurring. When I end the day, I get stuck after the date change. It just sits on a black screen infinitely.
20:07:05ERRORgameSystem.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto. em StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, GameLocation targetLocation, Vector2 position) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 11060 em StardewValley.NPC.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:linha 5860 em StardewValley.Game1.<_newDayAfterFade>d__715.MoveNext() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 9511 em StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__713_2() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 8526 em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
20:07:05ERRORSMAPIAn error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day: --------------- Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto. em StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, GameLocation targetLocation, Vector2 position) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 11060 em StardewValley.NPC.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:linha 5860 em StardewValley.Game1.<_newDayAfterFade>d__715.MoveNext() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 9511 em StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__713_2() na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 8526 em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --------------- em StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 4052 em StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) na C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:linha 3872 em StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<Update>b__0() na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:linha 185 em StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:linha 661

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
Hi! As you're playing with mods, I've moved this to the Mod Support section.

I'd recommend updating SMAPI (just re-install from https://smapi.io to update). You also have two other mods with updates available:
If you still see this issue after updating those, I'd recommend verifying your game files: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Reset_your_content_files

LisDraconis

Newcomer
I also had this Problem

I had the issue before that i couldn't start Smapi from Steam. I simply played the game without Steam overlay and ignored it because i am not that big on Achievements. However the problem was that my Anti virus program (Windows Defender) alarmed for two files. I ordered to delete them and it did. However those two where most likely part of Smapi because every time i tried to run it through Steam, Steam said some files where missing. I tried to repair Stardew valley in steam and it claimed two files where added but then again my Defender alarmed me. Nor I reinstalled Smapi and it seems like it is working again. Also if you build the game path in steam startup conditions do it like it is explained here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/68vpul/cannot_launch_smapi_from_steam_running_smapi/ This helped me to get Stardew Valley started from steam again.

I hope i could help others with the same problem. It is not Fireproof tho since i am now about to test if it truly works but i already recognized a faster loading time. And no error output due to a mod I use. (Save everywhere Mod)

Also this worked on Stardew Valley 1.5.4 with Smapi 3.9.5

Edit; I found out that the mod save anywhere caused the problem because the game gets comfused on the saving process and reloading the Farmer. Without it it runs smoothly again

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Thanks for sharing! It seems like a pretty different issue than the OP, but antivirus complaints are common enough that you can also find some info on the wiki about it, hehe. It also has instructions (with pictures) for how to set the launch options when installing for Windows.

I'm just linking these because in a few years if someone stumbles across this post, it's much more likely that the wiki will be up to date than the reddit thread :) Good luck!