Solved Help! Deluxe Scarecrow Recipe

Mkmkmk

Newcomer
Hi all!
Im having trouble getting the deluxe scarecrow recipe even though I collected all the other scarecrows! This is the last recipe I need to get the craft master achievement. Anybody else having this problem?

dubesor

Farmhand
You don't need to place them, just collect them. I just tested it and having them stored away was enough for the letter to arrive. Make sure you have all 8 rarecrows and aren't missing any.

Mkmkmk

Newcomer
You don't need to place them, just collect them. I just tested it and having them stored away was enough for the letter to arrive. Make sure you have all 8 rarecrows and aren't missing any.
Yeah, I have all 8 of them but wouldn't get the recipe. I will try placing them now.

Mkmkmk

Newcomer
Hi all!
Im having trouble getting the deluxe scarecrow recipe even though I collected all the other scarecrows! This is the last recipe I need to get the craft master achievement. Anybody else having this problem?
I placed them all and it worked!

dubesor

Farmhand
Interesting. Is this a switch-only requirement? Because my testing on my PC did not require any placement.

edit: checked the code, it literally checks if the 8 rarecrows exist anywhere. No need to place, but the letter only arrives a day later with a 90.5% chance. (Farmer.cs::dayupdate())
Code:
if (Game1.random.NextDouble() < 0.905 && !this.hasOrWillReceiveMail("RarecrowSociety") && Utility.doesItemWithThisIndexExistAnywhere...

Last edited:

Mkmkmk

Newcomer
Interesting. Is this a switch-only requirement? Because my testing on my PC did not require any placement.
I'm not sure. I bombed some of my scarecrows accidentally and I had to get them again. I don't know if that caused some glitch or something.

All i can tell you is that i had them all for a long time and placing them worked. Also, at the time a google search had suggested placing. Sadly i cannot find that reference anymore.

And yes, i was also on a switch.

imnvs

Local Legend
It is... theoretically possible that there is a bug on Switch that placing the rarecrows works around. It is also quite possible that you were unlucky with that 90.5% chance and you just happened to have a reversal of luck after placing the rarecrows, a coincidence.