Windows Help: Delayed/Laggy gameplay

MookieMoo

Greenhorn
Hello,
I need help fixing my game. I have over 300 hours on the game and have never had an issue until today.
When playing my game suddenly it will begin to lag and the gameplay becomes delayed by around 1 second.
I've scoured the internet and found some threads on how to fix this issue and applied them, but again it didn't work

Every 5 or so minutes it will begin to lag/delay and the music will sound extremely slow almost if its slowed by 0.25x.
I've experienced lag in the past from connection, but usually its not typical to slow down the entire run of the game including music.
I have 4 Ram which majority of which is free and I'm not running anything else other than Stardew. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall and even restarted my computer but nothing is working, even changing the affinity to everything except 0 CPU. When starting up the game it runs smoothly but after a certain time it lags out.

I'm currently Quarantining so someone please help me.

There are some instances where you will need to use the compatibility version of the game. Please be aware that SMAPI/game mods are not compatible with this version.
On Steam: In your library, right-click Stardew Valley and select Properties... > Betas > then "compatibility" under the dropdown.
On GOG: From the game's page, click the settings icon > Manage installation > Configure... > then "compatibility" under the Beta channels dropdown.