Switch [HELP] Crashing when leaving farm - Switch v1.5

ede422

Newcomer
I'm having an issue that I can't seem to find anyone else experiencing. Occasionally when I transition out of my farm the game will freeze or crash and cause the Switch to become completely unresponsive. Even the home button does nothing - I have to hard reset the system by holding down the power button. It manifests in a black screen with a slight buzzing noise coming from (I believe) the speakers.

It has happened three times now, once transitioning from the farm to the greenhouse and twice transitioning from the farm to the area South of the farm near Marnie's. I have let it sit for a couple minutes and nothing happens. Resetting fixes the problem until it happens again; it hasn't happened on back-to-back days. It has so far only happened in the mornings, while I do the rounds on the farm or right after while attempting to leave for the day.

- Single player, mining layout farm, Summer Year 4
- Regular Nintendo Switch, handheld mode
- Stardew version 1.5

I don't recall it happening for the first day or two of the new update, it's been occurring only the past day or two. Maybe something that could be triggering it is that I recently sold a bunch of stuff ($13mil) all at once so now my bank is at $17mil OR I repaired Willie's ship so now I have access to Ginger Island. I did those two things 2-3 days ago.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

laura11111

Newcomer
I'm having the same error, did you ever find a solution? It happens often when I'm transitioning to different places. It's happened when I've taken the mine car, when I've left the farm, when I've taken the mine elevator, and most recently when I took a mine ladder down a level. It's so annoying since I lose all progress from the day and have to do a hard restart