Solved [HELP] Crash when loading a specific save

Jeff6851

Newcomer
When trying to load my main save, the game crashes before I can enter it. This doesn't happen with any of my other saves. I used to use Stardew Valley Expanded but have removed all of the mods and completely reinstalled the game.

I'm including the Error Logs file that was next to the Saves folder.

Attachments

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
When trying to load my main save, the game crashes before I can enter it. This doesn't happen with any of my other saves. I used to use Stardew Valley Expanded but have removed all of the mods and completely reinstalled the game.

I'm including the Error Logs file that was next to the Saves folder.
Message: Error loading "Characters\MarlonFay". File not found.
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Characters\MarlonFay.xnb". File not found.
Your game is trying to load MarlonFay.xnb from SVE, but file is not here because you are deleted SVE :)
Try to load this save file

Attachments

Jeff6851

Newcomer
Your game is trying to load MarlonFay.xnb from SVE, but file is not here because you are deleted SVE :)
That worked! For some reason I have two horses now
This worked! For some reason I have two horses and I’ll need to get the bush reset mod but I can actually play my save now. Thank you!

mouse

Farmer
Whenever you go from a heavily modded save to a vanilla one, make sure you a) divorce any custom NPCs you are married to and b) keep SMAPI installed for at least one day after removing all the mods, so that it has a chance to clean up your save. The game will have no clue what to do with all the custom locations, NPCs, etc in your save, but SMAPI will valiantly attempt to purge all of that :)