PS4 [HELP] Copper Pan doesn't work

Marn

Newcomer
PS4 - I can't get my copper pan to work. I only need the tail section to complete the Ginger Island field office challenge. From everything I've been reading, the only way to get it is to pan in the river by the dig site. I can select it in my inventory, and it has a red outline around it, but I can't get it out of the inventory box. I had the PC version of SDV before and I couldn't get it to work there either. HELP!!!

ZeFat

Sodbuster
Wdym with " get it out of the inventory box" ? cant you just place the selection box on top of the pan and then press either Square or Circle (on the switch is Y which is the Square equivalent).

You don't have to throw the pan or pick up the pan and hover where the sparkly thing is in the water, you just need to be near the water where it is even if its far away from the shore and then press the square or circle buttons with the pan selected in the inventory like you do with the other tools.

Hope it helps!

Geoman265

Tiller
Wdym with " get it out of the inventory box" ? cant you just place the selection box on top of the pan and then press either Square or Circle (on the switch is Y which is the Square equivalent).

You don't have to throw the pan or pick up the pan and hover where the sparkly thing is in the water, you just need to be near the water where it is even if its far away from the shore and then press the square or circle buttons with the pan selected in the inventory like you do with the other tools.

Hope it helps!
For me, I may see the sparkly bits indicating a spot for panning, but I can't pan there, even if it is relatively close to where I am standing. (on xbox)