Solved [HELP] Controller acting wonky

I bought the game 2 weeks ago through GOG and I love it, but, the last couple of days my Xbox One controller has been acting funny in game. I've changed the batteries in it, made sure the drivers were updated, and tried other games to see if it was only Stardew Valley that had the issue.

I'll be walking then want to go down but the game won't listen to the left thumb stick but will listen to the down direction button, my character will keep walking upwards even after I stop pushing on the left stick, in inventory menus the selection will randomly jump spaces or just keep going but will not listen to the directional until I hit the left stick in a direction then switch to the directional pad.

I don't know what is going on. I wasn't having any issues until recently and it is becoming worse. I almost died in the mines because my controller suddenly wouldn't respond to look down when I was fighting a magma slime. I can't switch to mouse and keyboard because of disability.

Luvetc3

Newcomer
I'm having a very similar issue. I have over 500 hours into the game. Just this week I've run into issues with the controller. I get vibration that won't stop or my character keeps moving ahead. I hope someone has a fix.

I'm having a very similar issue. I have over 500 hours into the game. Just this week I've run into issues with the controller. I get vibration that won't stop or my character keeps moving ahead. I hope someone has a fix.

I solved it! Okay, so if you haven't already go to the Microsoft Store app and download the Xbox Accessories app. Then you can use either the USB cord or if you have the official Xbox Wireless dongle then you can do it wireless to update the firmware on the controller. Just start the Xbox Accessories app, wait for it to find your controller, then hit the ... button below Configure. Hit the update button and wait for it to do its thing!

Once I did that I went into Stardew Valley and played for over an hour without any more issues!