PC [HELP] Constant crashes using linux mint

Sarkonis

Cowpoke
Hi All,

I posted this in the steam discussion area as well but figured I'd get more traction here.

Stardew Valley is supposedly ubuntu compatible, however when I start my character will only run to the left regardless what, if anything is pressed. If I run the game using any of the Proton compatibility options, it plays fine but I lose access to steam cloud saved games. I do have access to load any steam cloud saved game when I’m not using a compatibility option.

Each time I startup any game steam does an update, even if I just started the game, closed it and started it again it will be two separate steam updates. This seems to destabilize the entire steam platform which would be a steam issue and not a Stardew Valley issue, but the only game affected is Stardew. This causes a roughly 80% chance to crash to desktop at some point each day. I have been playing 6 hours and I’m on day 5. There is nothing that appears to be repeatable in game that seems to be causing it such as a certain sprite on the screen at the time of crash, just seems to be randomly throughout the day. This also causes steam to lockup completely as well.

I would provide an error log but I cannot find them in any of the steam or game files and I looked extensively through the game files. For example: ~/.config/StardewValley exists, but the ErrorLogs folder does not exist. Nothing in ~/.steam/root/steamapps/compatdata/413150/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Application Data/StardewValley either.

Last edited by a moderator: