Switch [HELP] Co-op is crashing the game

My little sister and I created a Stardew Valley farm on the Nintendo Switch version 1.5.4 last week to enjoy together, and everything was going really smoothly until today. Earlier today my sister wasn’t home so I built a 2nd cabin on our beach farm and invited a friend to play on the same farm through the online co-op.

Said friend had no issues getting on and off the beach farm game, and she’s been offline since about 2 PM EST today. No one else has been on the game since, me included.

My sister wanted to play again in split screen mode after my friend and I played earlier, so I booted up that version of co-op on our beach farm expecting everything to work like normal. Title Screen > Co-op option > Split Screen > In-game Menu > Start local co-op.

My sister had access to my friend Kae’s farmer profile, even though she wasn’t my friend and wasn’t playing through the online connection. She was also able to pick herself, so she tried to do that. Every time we tried to connect, the game said there was an error in the software and completely crashed. My sister even tried my friend’s profile, nothing worked. We deleted both cabins which removed both of their profiles from the beach farm game file and built a new cabin for my sister to make a new farmer, but we can’t even get past the “New Farmer” selection screen on split screen mode before it gives us the same error and crashes again.

Can we fix this? We really loved our farm, and we’d be really heartbroken to make a totally new one. Did playing two different co-op modes on the same file break the game somehow?