Windows [HELP] Change player info showing up during co-op

lemonnaise

Greenhorn
Hey! Keeping this short and simple.

a few friends and I thought it would be fun to try stardew valley together. After setting up the Co-op successfully with no issues people joined and it showed their farmer name and something else (eg "Bob (Jeff) has joined the server"). My question is what the thing after the farmer name is ("Jeff" in the example), and how you change it. We all use steam to play, if that helps, but it doesn't seem to be connected to any info on steam or in stardew valley afaik. did a google search, asked on the reddit, got no good answers so I figured I should try here too.

sorry if I did anything wrong post-wise, never used these forums before.

thanks!

Hill Myna

Farmer
I'm pretty sure that would be the name they chose at their character creation screen! If you want to change it, you'd have to destroy their cabin (at Robin's, it's free) to delete everything about that farmer, then build another cabin and have them create a new farmer. I'd recommend making a backup before you do, though.

Hope this helps!

lemonnaise

Greenhorn
I'm pretty sure that would be the name they chose at their character creation screen! If you want to change it, you'd have to destroy their cabin (at Robin's, it's free) to delete everything about that farmer, then build another cabin and have them create a new farmer. I'd recommend making a backup before you do, though.

Hope this helps!
That would be the farmer name, Bob in the example. There's another name that shows up afterwards in parenthesis

Hill Myna

Farmer
That would be the farmer name, Bob in the example. There's another name that shows up afterwards in parenthesis
Ah, yes, you're right 100% right :)

I have never used Steam or played online SDV multiplayer, but my next guess would be is it their Steam name?

From the wiki:

"On PC:
  • Via Steam: multiplayer farms hosted by Steam friends will appear on the co-op join screen."

lemonnaise

Greenhorn
Ah, yes, you're right 100% right :)

I have never used Steam or played online SDV multiplayer, but my next guess would be is it their Steam name?

From the wiki:

"On PC:
  • Via Steam: multiplayer farms hosted by Steam friends will appear on the co-op join screen."
it isn't connected to my steam name, or any info on my steam account (same for my friends)

liquidcat

Staff member
I believe its the steam profile name you had when you played stardew valley the first time. I have looked into ways to change it but I could not find any way to do it.

lemonnaise

Greenhorn
I believe its the steam profile name you had when you played stardew valley the first time. I have looked into ways to change it but I could not find any way to do it.
it is not, the name that shows up has never been a name i have used

merfy

Greenhorn
Okay it's been like a year and I'm here for the same problem as you, I basically get my full name leaked every time I join anyone's game. Did you end up finding it out?

Okay it's been like a year and I'm here for the same problem as you, I basically get my full name leaked every time I join anyone's game. Did you end up finding it out?
Same, for a whole year I didnt even realized I was getting doxxed. This really explains the random friend request on facebook...