PC [HELP] Can't Fish in the Ice Festival

KnottaHooker

Newcomer
I've had several times during the Ice Fishing Festival where I cannot fish. It works for maybe one or two casts, and then I miss once and just...get stuck. I cannot move, I cannot reel the rod back in, I either have to wait it out or completely close the game.

Twitch clip for evidence:

Help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using any fishing mods or the instant-catch option in CJB Cheats Menu?

I had that problem if I used instant catch and cast too far to miss the water. Main way I could do it was to stand next to the water and tap-cast so it was the shortest possible cast.

Same premise for the fishing mini-game during Fall Fair.

KnottaHooker

Newcomer
Are you using any fishing mods or the instant-catch option in CJB Cheats Menu?

I had that problem if I used instant catch and cast too far to miss the water. Main way I could do it was to stand next to the water and tap-cast so it was the shortest possible cast.

Same premise for the fishing mini-game during Fall Fair.
No fishing mods. I don’t use mods at all. I’ve had the same glitch during the Fall Festival as well.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Sorry about that. This bug has been plaguing the game for a long time, and we still haven't been able to reliably reproduce it. It seems to happen randomly, and not only in festivals. If someone encounters a way to reproduce it 100% of the time, that would be extremely helpful to try and fix it.

KnottaHooker

Newcomer
Sorry about that. This bug has been plaguing the game for a long time, and we still haven't been able to reliably reproduce it. It seems to happen randomly, and not only in festivals. If someone encounters a way to reproduce it 100% of the time, that would be extremely helpful to try and fix it.
Awww, okay. Next time it happens, I'll see if I can get it to reproduce. Thank you for everything! <3

mouse

Farmer
That's interesting though - it looks like at least something is already broken by the time you reel in the fish you caught. Look at how your farmer stands vs my test farmer. It's still like that when you cast out again.
reeling.png

(I've tried a lot to make this happen on purpose, and it just doesn't ever (not) work for me. :( )