Solved [HELP]/[BUG] CHARGED HOE POPS CHESTS EVEN IF IT HAS ITEMS INSIDE; ITEMS GONE AFTER

MoonDog

Newcomer
I have a shed with 5 chest and one has items inside. The time I upgraded my shed, chest were not in the middle anymore so I pick them up with a copper 'hoe' to rearrange. Being confident that the chest with items inside will not be affected, I charged the hoe and Im surprised it popped up and gone straight to my inventory. So, I immediately placed them on the floor to check the items and they were all gone. I also tried it in chests outside, same thing happened.

Jojough

Cowpoke
Yeah, I just tried it and was easily able to replicate your problem. I hope this sheds some light on things. The bug doesn't work when both chests have items in them, but when the nearer chest does and the farther one doesn't it uproots the nearer chest and kills all of the items.
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 12.59.22 PM.png

Well, the most obvious question now is if you checked if it still happens on 1.5.3.

As a quick workaround in the meantime, I can tell you the hoe will never uproot any machine (including chests) that are sitting over a tile path.

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.4! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating. From the patch notes:
Fixed a rare instance where a charged Hoe could dislodge a nonempty chest and destroying its contents if it was placed in a specific configuration next to other chests.

Odin

Staff member
I post this before 1.5.4 and yes, it is already fixed. I'm sorry
Oh, maybe my message gave the wrong impression. I know you reported this before the update, my message was to let you know that the 1.5.4 should have resolved the issue (if you hadn't checked the patch notes or played since) and to please mention if you were still seeing the problem, because sometimes a patch will fix an issue in some, but not all cases. I appreciate that you reported this and I don't think you have anything to apologize about!