Xbox [HELP] Achievement Bug

WolfDragonGod69

Greenhorn
I am not really sure if this is a bug or if I didn’t understand What the achievement was asking for, however I am sure that I did everything right.

The local legend achievement on Xbox is for finishing the community center and restoring it.

I did all of the bundles and finished the community center and statue for doing this however my achievement never unlocked on my Xbox, I tried waiting a few minutes to see if it was just slow to respond but it never unlocked.

I tried exiting and reloading and that didn’t work either, I even fully restarted my Xbox and a few other things but still never got the achievement.

So unless I am missing something I think that the achievement is bugged out.

kohlrak

Farmhand
I googled, and one of the known issues with this achievement is that you have to see a cutscene first. I imagine this was left out of the descripton to avoid spoilers. Doing all the events causes a specific even to become possible, but the conditions have to be right to first see it. I'm not sure which is the case, but here's a steam thread on the topic.

EDIT: I would make a backup save if possible and consider moving on with the game and visiting the down every day for a week and see if it resolves itself.

Odin

Staff member
Achievements not triggering is definitely reported from time to time. On PC it's easy to solve with a third party tool, but that's unfortunately not possible on Xbox. Thanks for reporting the issue thought!

I would make a backup save if possible
I'm afraid game saves can only be moved or copied on PC and mobile.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Achievements not triggering is definitely reported from time to time. On PC it's easy to solve with a third party tool, but that's unfortunately not possible on Xbox. Thanks for reporting the issue thought!

I'm afraid game saves can only be moved or copied on PC and mobile.
Wow, i'm surprised microsoft managed to be worse than Apple and Sony on this. However, it is supposedly possible through careful management of the cloud, but i would be very careful with this. I remember seeing an option to make "backup saves" on mobile though, actually in the options menu. Is this not the case on xbox?

WolfDragonGod69

Greenhorn
I googled, and one of the known issues with this achievement is that you have to see a cutscene first. I imagine this was left out of the descripton to avoid spoilers. Doing all the events causes a specific even to become possible, but the conditions have to be right to first see it. I'm not sure which is the case, but here's a steam thread on the topic.

EDIT: I would make a backup save if possible and consider moving on with the game and visiting the down every day for a week and see if it resolves itself.

I am pretty sure I got all the cutscenes where the town people come in and see all the work you have done fixing it up and the one in the shop between the town shop dude(forgot his name) and the Jojo mart dude (also don’t remember his name) have a fight I think, I will try to go into town and mess around and see if this helps

I also don’t think I can do any if the other stuff people are saying with saves Xbox’s doesn’t like people trying to mess around with there own saves and I don’t want to get banned

Thanks for the help I will give it a few days in game and repost with an edit in here if it worked

But I have a feeling I might have to start over again which sucks

kohlrak

Farmhand
I am pretty sure I got all the cutscenes where the town people come in and see all the work you have done fixing it up and the one in the shop between the town shop dude(forgot his name) and the Jojo mart dude (also don’t remember his name) have a fight I think, I will try to go into town and mess around and see if this helps

I also don’t think I can do any if the other stuff people are saying with saves Xbox’s doesn’t like people trying to mess around with there own saves and I don’t want to get banned

Thanks for the help I will give it a few days in game and repost with an edit in here if it worked

The problem, fundamentally, is that there's money and power in achievements. Therefore, there's cheating, and therefore there's also some shoddy business practices revolving around protecting that. I hated microsoft for a long time, especially when they brought damages to me, even when i had absolutely no interactions with them, because they wanted to police the internet and even violate a court order. This saves thing just gave me another reason to hate on xbox. PS4 encrypts, which i don't agree with, but it seems to be a happy medium in this environment where achievements have way more importance than they should.

Good luck with the achievement. Hopefully this works.

Odin

Staff member
Wow, i'm surprised microsoft managed to be worse than Apple and Sony on this. However, it is supposedly possible through careful management of the cloud, but i would be very careful with this. I remember seeing an option to make "backup saves" on mobile though, actually in the options menu. Is this not the case on xbox?
To clarify, I'm saying players can only manually move and manipulate Stardew saves on PC and mobile. This is not a comment on the functionality of any platforms. I play on Switch, so I know that with an online subscription, the console will backup your save data to the cloud, but this is just to cover an issue where your Switch is lost or breaks, these saves aren't files you can manipulate. I can't speak for Xbox or PS4, but my understanding is this is pretty standard on consoles.

Odin

Staff member
One thing that may make it a bit easier is to join a friends game through multiplayer that's close to completing the community center and playing with them through the completion of it. That way you're not starting a second save from zero for one achievement.