PC [HELP] 10 Heart Event with Penny not triggering?

unja

Newcomer
I loaded an older save and saw that I had 8 hearts with Penny so I decided to just continue increasing my hearts with her. I gave her the bouquet and raised her hearts to 10 but it has been around 20 in game days and she still has not sent me a letter to tell me to come to the spa. I have continued to give her gifts but nothing is triggering. I thought that it could have been because I never triggered the 8 heart event but I have gone in the forest a few times and nothing has triggered. When I loaded into the save I was in the second year of spring so I don't think that it is because of the season.
I tried looking this up but I can't find any posts to help. I don't know if the version of the game matters but this save is probably from around mid 2018.
Does anyone know what is happening/what I can do?

ISSsloth

Farmer
The same thing happened to me with Shane. I was purposely going to the ranch when the wiki says to and it still never happened.

Go here, upload your savefile (on Windows, it's on %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves/) (in the save folder, the one not ended by _old), and check the Social tab. Look for the name of the villager (they're in alphabetical order, with bachelor/ettes first), and check if the events are considered as seen (green tick, the game marked them as seen, red cross, they didn't, grayed out, you don't have enough friendship to trigger the event).

(You may want to check both "Hide summary and details" radio buttons to prevent the website from spoiling certain information from you. In that case, in the Social section click on Show details).

It's possible you're not actually fulfilling the preconditions without realising (some events need specific hours, some don't, some need the character present on the map, some need the day to be sunny, etc).

unja

Newcomer
Go here, upload your savefile (on Windows, it's on %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves/) (in the save folder, the one not ended by _old), and check the Social tab. Look for the name of the villager (they're in alphabetical order, with bachelor/ettes first), and check if the events are considered as seen (green tick, the game marked them as seen, red cross, they didn't, grayed out, you don't have enough friendship to trigger the event).

(You may want to check both "Hide summary and details" radio buttons to prevent the website from spoiling certain information from you. In that case, in the Social section click on Show details).

It's possible you're not actually fulfilling the preconditions without realizing (some events need specific hours, some don't, some need the character present on the map, some need the day to be sunny, etc).
I did this and it tells me that my friendship points with her are maxed out and there is a green tick over everything up to level 10. On the wiki page it doesn't mention anything about the weather, just to enter the forest between 9am and 4pm.

imnvs

Local Legend
I did this and it tells me that my friendship points with her are maxed out and there is a green tick over everything up to level 10. On the wiki page it doesn't mention anything about the weather, just to enter the forest between 9am and 4pm.
Except that if they're all ticked green, that means you've viewed all the heart scenes that are green. I'm not sure if you're saying the 10 heart event is also green, but if it is, according to your save file at least, you've already seen the event.

Then I don't know what could have happened. Mind if you upload your save and I give it a look? Should be small enough to be able to be attached to a forum post here.

Remember, on Windows, it's %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves/<Name_Seed>/<Name_Seed> (the one not ended by _old).