1.6 Update [HELP] 1.6 how to change the host of a multiplayer game

KaiTouCrow

Greenhorn
1.6 just updated, my friend and I have been online for almost a month now. My friend has gone to play other games, but I still want to continue running the farm. I don't know how to continue my own character instead of using my friend's character. Please help me

1.6刚更新,我和朋友上线,玩了快一个月了,朋友去玩其他游戏了,但我还是想继续经营农场,我不知道如何继续我自己的角色而不是使用我朋友的角色,请帮助我

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I dont think there is any way, you can give yourself all your items though (and with some more effort change it so you have all the same skills/achievements/etc. though that's a fair bit harder).

Just for the former you have to launch the game regularly through steam then go into steam/common on your pc and launch the game from its .exe file, then it's possible to host the game with the second instance and join it with the first instance tied to your steam account.

The .exe file is located by going into files, then navigate to the bottom to:
This PC -> OS -> Program files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Stardew Valley then scrolling down in the stardew valley folder until you see a file with the stardew chicken icon called "Stardew Valley" which you double click to launch the game

If you have any questions please ask, it's not a super long process but it's a tad hard to explain well and I can always clarify

KaiTouCrow

Greenhorn
I dont think there is any way, you can give yourself all your items though (and with some more effort change it so you have all the same skills/achievements/etc. though that's a fair bit harder).

Just for the former you have to launch the game regularly through steam then go into steam/common on your pc and launch the game from its .exe file, then it's possible to host the game with the second instance and join it with the first instance tied to your steam account.

The .exe file is located by going into files, then navigate to the bottom to:
This PC -> OS -> Program files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Stardew Valley then scrolling down in the stardew valley folder until you see a file with the stardew chicken icon called "Stardew Valley" which you double click to launch the game

If you have any questions please ask, it's not a super long process but it's a tad hard to explain well and I can always clarify
But I really miss the houses and farm layouts I built with my friends because I put a lot of effort into them. I believe that even if there is countless wealth in opening a new archive, it cannot compare to the archives I played with my friends

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
But I really miss the houses and farm layouts I built with my friends because I put a lot of effort into them. I believe that even if there is countless wealth in opening a new archive, it cannot compare to the archives I played with my friends
This would be the exact same farm as before, you just need to have your friend send you the save file and do as I wrote